Windows 10: Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice

Discus and support Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Maybe my question would look similar to orhers related to IME, but 2 months now I’m trying some hypothetic solutions and what have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by C’estMoi, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice

Hello everyone,

Maybe my question would look similar to orhers related to IME, but 2 months now I’m trying some hypothetic solutions and what have been discussed on forums doesn’t solved the problem.

I use Windows 10 pro, activated, fresh install in French + English, built 18362.
    IME installed for Japanese purpose.

The problem is that IME doesn’t show the “kana” choice.
    In the task bar, below at the right side, even if “JP” is selected, I can’t type any Japanese.

Second problem, when toggling languages, french -> english... by using ALT + SHIFT, it doesn’t “toggle” to japanese. like if this option was not installed

However, using the mouse directly to the task bar, i can select Japanese without the character choice.

Fun fact:

On the same computer, when logging in the Adminidtrator account... it works like a charm. I find my babies, Japanese selection, hiragana, katakata, full, half, romaji...in any application it works perfectly, no problem so far, as it used to be during almost 20 years...,

Fun fact 2:

Then, I tried to create a fresh new account, with admin rights, like the first account at the installation of the OS ... AGAIN, it doesn’t work...

As I live in Japan, not being able to type in that language is more than annoying, this is unacceptable for any operating system.

Does anyone here, eventually got a solution for that issues???

Maybe a service that can’t properly launch or anything else???

Good day. Regards.

:)

C’estMoi, Apr 17, 2021

2. Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English

Hello,

I installed the Japanese IME keyboard a year ago, and it was working fine. I would type in the romanji and then the corresponding kana character would appear on screen. I could switch from English to kana at any time via the little
    keyboard icon at the on the taskbar that looked like this "あ"
    when it was on kana mode and "A" when it was on English mode. However, now when I switch try to switch to the Japanese keyboard it doesn't even show the kana icon "あ" just the English one.
    I've tried re-installing and restarting my computer, but it does nothing. I eve tried going into advanced settings to play around with it, but nothing. I don't want to mess up my other computer settings, so I stopped trying to fix it myself.

I need help because I need this function for my studies.

DianaGrant1, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Coda_ Win User
    Japanese IME can't convert Kana (I dont see the IME icon)

Hello.

Please help me, I can't get the Japanese IME to work. It doesn't display the little Icon "A" or "A(in hiragana)" for me to switch between romaji and kana. It just types qwerty.

I've already tried everything:

-copy IME DIC files from another computer where it works

- Repair and reinstall dictionaries

- Reboot my computer multiple times

- Try to toggle and untoggle every possible option in language and region (WHY ARE THESE OPTIONS SO SIMILAR yet they are in different places ughhh)

-Installing Google IME (I installed it and I could select either google jp ime nor microsoft jp ime)

Two strange things that happened to me though:

Once the IME icon was displayed ("IME is disabled") but I don't know how and why and I can't get it back

When I was typing in a software it started typing Japanese (with the IME suggetions) although I was on French keyboard. + Sometimes I'm on french keyboard (it show FR) But it starts typing in qwerty ( the japanese keyboard)

Japanese and French are the only two keyboards I installed.

Thanks for your help

Coda_, Apr 17, 2021
  4. duceduc Win User

Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice

Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice [​IMG]

duceduc, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice

1. Japanese IME doesn’t show kana choice - Similar Threads - Japanese IME doesn’t

2. How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese: I'm using Windows 10 Home and whenever I try to type kana use Microsoft IME Japanese, it automatically wants to convert it to kanji. Even if I select the hiragana option from the pop-up list it gives me, it will revert this to kanji as soon as I start typing the next word....
  3. How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop auto-converting kana to kanji in IME Japanese: I'm using Windows 10 Home and whenever I try to type kana use Microsoft IME Japanese, it automatically wants to convert it to kanji. Even if I select the hiragana option from the pop-up list it gives me, it will revert this to kanji as soon as I start typing the next word....
  4. Microsoft IME Kana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft IME Kana not working: I installed the Japanese language pack a few days ago. As part of it, Microsoft IME was installed. However, it won't let me switch input methods, it stays at Half width alphanumeric. Selecting Hiragana or any other input method has no effect. This seems to be a known...
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  6. Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon

Japanese IME can't convert Kana I dont see the IME icon: Hello. Please help me, I can't get the Japanese IME to work. It doesn't display the little Icon "A" or "Ain hiragana" for me to switch between romaji and kana. It just types qwerty. I've already tried everything: -copy IME DIC files from another computer where it works -...
  7. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  10. Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Japanese IME Keyboard not typing in kana but just English: Hello, I installed the Japanese IME keyboard a year ago, and it was working fine. I would type in the romanji and then the corresponding kana character would appear on screen. I could switch from English to kana at any time via the little keyboard icon at the on the taskbar...