Windows 10: Japanese IME in Dvorak not working

Discus and support Japanese IME in Dvorak not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I modified my registry entry for the Japanese keyboard layout to use Dvorak as follows: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Priddles, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Priddles Win User

Japanese IME in Dvorak not working

I modified my registry entry for the Japanese keyboard layout to use Dvorak as follows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411]
    "Layout File"="KBDDV.DLL"

and it is not working as I hoped.

At first, every input method was still using QWERTY. I'm not sure what did the trick, but between signing out, restarting, and re-installing the Japanese language it began using Dvorak for Direct Input only. Everykana-based input method still uses QWERTY.

Any ideas on how to have the Japanese IME use the Dvorak keyboard layout for all of its input methods?

:)

Priddles, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Sorisu Win User

Japanese IME dvorak not working on Start Search, after anniversay upgrade

My Windows 10 was working perfectly well, then I upgraded to the anniversary edition.

I use the Dvorak keyboard layout, and the Japanese IME (built in [Microsoft])

I have gone into the system registry and changed the Japanese keyboard from qwerty into dvorak. This is working fine everywhere, except the start search... When I attempt to type into the Start Search, my keyboard uses Qwerty instead. The language bar still
    shows that it's using Japanese.

If I switch my keyboard to English Dvorak, I can use Dvorak in the Start Search.

Recap:

Japanese IME - modified to Dvorak via registry

Typing in Start Search uses Qwerty

Everything else uses Dvorak

English Dvorak is working in Start Search

Sorisu, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Japanese IME writes in qwerty instead of dvorak in windows 10 apps

I use a Japanese IME to type in windows. I set the IME to type in dvorak instead of qwerty because that's what I prefer. After the update yesterday (october 10), when I type in the start search or any other windows 10 apps (Universal Windows Platform apps)
    like settings, calculator, photos, but not control panel or chrome, I type in qwerty instead of dvorak.

I know that this is a software issue because it did work just fine before the update. I have a feeling that the problem is that the Layout File (in regedit) that UWP apps use is not the same as what everything else uses. If that is indeed the problem then
    please point me to where in regedit it is and I'll fix it. But if it isn't then I have no idea what's wrong.

How can I set it back to dvorak?

EnzioGrenzio, Aug 27, 2020
  4. duceduc Win User

Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME in Dvorak not working [​IMG]

duceduc, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Japanese IME in Dvorak not working - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Dvorak

2. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  3. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  7. Colemak Japanese IME not working

Colemak Japanese IME not working: After my computer updated recently, the Japanese IME reverted back to qwerty, which is quite annoying as now I can't type in Japanese and is hindering my workflow. I checked the Registry input file for Japanese and it still was the Colemak file Colemak2.dll instead of the...
  8. Japanese IME not working

Japanese IME not working: I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric. I've tried re-installing the package with no luck....
  9. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...
  10. Japanese IME writes in qwerty instead of dvorak in windows 10 apps

Japanese IME writes in qwerty instead of dvorak in windows 10 apps: I use a Japanese IME to type in windows. I set the IME to type in dvorak instead of qwerty because that's what I prefer. After the update yesterday (october 10), when I type in the start search or any other windows 10 apps (Universal Windows Platform apps) like settings,...