Windows 10: Japanese IME Keyboard being glitchy

Discus and support Japanese IME Keyboard being glitchy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past week, every time I open up the Japanese IME keyboard on my Surface Pro, two things tend to happen without fail: 1. Everything I typed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [corn], Jul 3, 2019.

1. [corn] Win User

Japanese IME Keyboard being glitchy

For the past week, every time I open up the Japanese IME keyboard on my Surface Pro, two things tend to happen without fail:

1. Everything I typed disappears after inputting/pressing ENTER

2. The drop-down suggestion rapidly appears and disappears into the top left corner of the screen and sometimes stays there, sometimes comes back

I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling the keyboard and then reinstalling, uninstalling it, restarting it, and then reinstalling it again, and updating but nothing changes.

:)

[corn], Jul 3, 2019
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jul 3, 2019
  4. atreyie Win User

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Japanese IME Keyboard being glitchy - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Keyboard

2. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  3. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Is there a fix to why the IME does not work? No "A" showing in task bar to let you change from Kanji to Hiragana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/3fe121aa-53dd-4271-85fd-85083a7f9b6d
  4. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  5. Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working: Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose Katakana, it's very...
  6. Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working: Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose Katakana, it's very...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb