Windows 10: Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

Discus and support Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hunter1678, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the answers. So, I tried turning off predictive text, but that resulted in me not being able to insert the Kanji needed because it no longer suggested it. The other option was making it so it doesn't use my history; but the problem with that is that without the history, the keyboard likes to suggest the wrong kanji. Is there a w

:)

Hunter1678, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Windows 9 Win User

Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now.

I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with clicking the toolbar, which defeats the convenience of using the keyboard shortcut. Is there any way to disable the alphanumeric input in the Japanese IME mode? It is literally useless since I can just instantly switch between the two modes.

Windows 9, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Japanese IME input with NON ENGLISH keyboard layout.

Thank you for your reply. It did not resolve the issue, however. The only layout I can add is "Microsoft IME" which is already selected. There are no other options.

I am currently at the following location: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language\Language options:

Your suggestion works perfectly with Danish and English, but does not work with Japanese, which was the issue.

So, the Microsoft IME is the only input method I can select. When I go to my Language Settings in the System Settings, I can only choose "English keyboard" and "Japanese keyboard". I cannot make it understand that I have a Danish keyboard which is very different
    from an English one.

Picture: https://i.gyazo.com/fe70c6f8d45ff8f702ad78035e36c47f.png

I also tried going into the Advanced Language Settings and selecting "Danish Keyboard" in the "override input method" menu. I actually did this before asking here, so that didn't fix my problem either.

In other words, my problem is that I can only choose the Microsoft IME here: https://i.gyazo.com/59ad578ddce35c052f64f6397aec4b8f.png

And that this IME only has Japanese and English input.

I am able to manually change every single key on the keyboard in order to make it work. But that will be my last resort.

IndigoInversion, Aug 30, 2021
  4. atreyie Win User

Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

1. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction. - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Keyboard

2. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  3. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  4. Windows 11 Cannot change keyboard input to Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cannot change keyboard input to Japanese IME: I installed the Japanese language pack a few weeks ago but hadn't tried using it until today.I click the language button on the taskbar or try the Windows key + spacebar. Nothing happens. No matter how many times I click Japanese, it just stays on English.There have been a...
  5. Windows 11 Cannot change keyboard input to Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cannot change keyboard input to Japanese IME: I installed the Japanese language pack a few weeks ago but hadn't tried using it until today.I click the language button on the taskbar or try the Windows key + spacebar. Nothing happens. No matter how many times I click Japanese, it just stays on English.There have been a...
  6. Japanese IME prediction window not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME prediction window not working: The Japanese prediction window is not working when trying to input kanji characters. I keep having to uninstall and reinstall Japanese IME to get this to work. I have been using this for years and suddenly the prediction window keeps failing after a day or two later I...
  7. Using the ALT + ~ shortcut on a German keyboard to switch Japanese IME input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the ALT + ~ shortcut on a German keyboard to switch Japanese IME input: Hi, I'm using the Japanese IME input on a German keyboard, which so far works fine, but I'd like to use the shortcut to switch between Japanese and German input. I'm not talking about switching Input completely, which is done by pressing WIN+Space, only between A and あ when...
  8. Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now. I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with...
  9. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  10. IME Japanese input

in Windows 10 Customization
    IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...