Windows 10: Japanese IME missing in language bar

Discus and support Japanese IME missing in language bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by takudl, Oct 5, 2018.

1. takudl Win User

Japanese IME missing in language bar

Hello,

I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way to select Japanese. How can I get my required language?

:)

takudl, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Fxxlei Win User

Japanese IME with German QWERTZ-Layout

Thanks for the reply,

I did add the input language japanese(日本語), as well as german(Deutsch (Deutschland)), english and french.

In the options screen for japanese, I only have the option to:

• download handwriting
    • further settings for speech recognition
    • change layout of hardware keyboard (only japanese and english keyboard available)
    • remove/add new keyboard (Microsoft-IME or third party IME)
    • configure Microsoft-IME
    Thus I assume the language package has already been intalled.

In Region & language in the language list, there is also written that the language pack is installed for japanese.

I am looking forward to your help.

Fxxlei, Oct 6, 2018
  3. atreyie Win User
    Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Oct 6, 2018
  4. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Japanese IME missing in language bar - Similar Threads - Japanese IME missing

2. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  3. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  4. Japanese IME flashing icon missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME flashing icon missing: Normally, when I switch between hiragana and alphanumeric input modes with Alt+` or clicking on taskbar, there is a big flashing icon in the middle of the screen indicating which mode I'm now in. It was really convenient, but one day, it stopped popping up! I've been...
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  6. IME Options missing for Japanese language

IME Options missing for Japanese language: Hi, I have a problem with the japanese IME options that doesn't show up in the taskbar when switching to Japanese Japanese Microsoft IME. This only occurs on one of my user account and only on one PC. I have another PC that works just fine with both the input indicator...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  9. Japanese is missing in language bar

Japanese is missing in language bar: Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?...
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. japanese ime bar

2. japanese ime not showing on task tray

3. Japanese IME Not available

4. windows japanese language pack ime not working