Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

Discus and support Japanese IME Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duceduc, Oct 17, 2019.

1. duceduc Win User

Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME Not Working [​IMG]

:)

duceduc, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Japanese IME Not Working

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Japanese IME Not Working

1. Japanese IME Not Working - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Working

2. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  3. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  7. Colemak Japanese IME not working

Colemak Japanese IME not working: After my computer updated recently, the Japanese IME reverted back to qwerty, which is quite annoying as now I can't type in Japanese and is hindering my workflow. I checked the Registry input file for Japanese and it still was the Colemak file Colemak2.dll instead of the...
  8. Japanese IME conversion not working

Japanese IME conversion not working: This is current win 10. I am having a sudden problem where hiragana to kanji conversion has stopped working. This happened in the middle of working, after things had been going fine up to that point. Previously after writing hiragana pressing space would let you scroll down...
  9. Japanese IME not working

Japanese IME not working: I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric. I've tried re-installing the package with no luck....
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Japanese keyboard Windows 10 not working

2. Desktop Japanese IME not on windows 10

3. hiragana input not working windows 10

4. windows 10 japanese ime not working\,
  5. Ime not me se you,
  6. windows 10 japanese ime doesnt work,
  7. windows 10 japanese ime not working,
  8. ime key pad doesnt work,
  9. windows 10 ime language not working cant input,
  10. win 10 ime not working,
  11. IME Japanese not working,