Windows 10: Japanese IME not working

Discus and support Japanese IME not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D Theodorakis, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Japanese IME not working

I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word.
    If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric.
    I've tried re-installing the package with no luck.

Is there a way to fix this?
    Dimitrios

:)

D Theodorakis, Mar 23, 2020
  2. duceduc Win User

Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME not working [​IMG]

duceduc, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Japanese IME not working

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Japanese IME not working

1. Japanese IME not working - Similar Threads - Japanese IME working

2. Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  3. Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working: Windows Current Version: Windows 10, 1909 18363.592 The Japanese IME used to work and now it doesn't. It had stopped working a few OS versions back. I have tried reinstalling by removing the Japanese language pack and installing back again. When I select (winkey+space), I...
  4. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  5. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...
  6. My Japanese IME won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Japanese IME won't work: So, I just got Win10 installed finally, and installed the Japanese Microsoft IME. But, when I try to change from half-width alphanumeric to hiragana, it won't change. I also try to draw kanjis in the IME Pad, and I can draw and click on the results, but they won't show on the...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  8. IME Japanese input

IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb
  10. Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803

Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803: After upgrading a machine to 1803 from 1709, the Japanese IME is no longer working. I've google extensively on this issue and it appears to be a known 1803 issue, but none of the workarounds seem to be working. To elaborate, when Right clicking on the "A" in the taskbar,...