Windows 10: Japanese IME shortcut settings

Discus and support Japanese IME shortcut settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows Category - All, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Japanese IME shortcut settings

Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change that but most importantly, I want to change it the setting that ` would change modes [between Japanese and Romanji] that I never had in my old PC because I like writing with the swirly thing " ~ " but can't so in my Japanese IME keyboard unless I press the "shift" plus "+" to get ~In my old PC, to change between Romanji

:)

Windows Category - All, Mar 20, 2022

2. Japanese IME shortcuts have been changed?

Hi,

It seems that since a few days ago, the Japanese IME keyboards shortucts have been changed? Before to switch from my "normal" input method (French) to the Japanese one, I had to press ALT + SHIFT, but I realised yesterday that now it's WINDOWS + SPACE...
    And all of the shortcuts I was using: ALT+² in order to switch from hiragana, to katakana, to romaji for instance, don't work anymore. What happened? Also, is there a list of all the new shortcuts I could use?

Thank you,

Flavien

FlavienPuel, Mar 20, 2022
  3. [A. User] Win User
    Japanese IME shortcuts not working

I installed the Japanese IME to my keyboard about a year or two ago with no problems. I don't know when, sometime within the month, but my shortcuts don't work anymore. I can use alt+shift and shift+caps lock, but none of the other shortcuts do anything.
    I've always used the default, but I tried some of the recommended customized shortcuts, and nothing happens. To switch to katakana, I need to right-click the IME on the taskbar and select it, and I need to click the IME twice to go back to hiragana.

I've tried multiple solutions, including restoring the default settings and reinstalling the language, but they didn't work. I'm out of ideas on what to do.

[A. User], Mar 20, 2022
  4. Japanese IME shortcut settings

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 20, 2022
Thema:

Japanese IME shortcut settings

1. Japanese IME shortcut settings - Similar Threads - Japanese IME shortcut

2. Japanese IME shortcut settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  3. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default: Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at:...
  4. Japanese IME shortcuts not working

Japanese IME shortcuts not working: I installed the Japanese IME to my keyboard about a year or two ago with no problems. I don't know when, sometime within the month, but my shortcuts don't work anymore. I can use alt+shift and shift+caps lock, but none of the other shortcuts do anything. I've always used the...
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Is there a fix to why the IME does not work? No "A" showing in task bar to let you change from Kanji to Hiragana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/3fe121aa-53dd-4271-85fd-85083a7f9b6d
  6. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb