Windows 10: Japanese IME shortcuts not working

Discus and support Japanese IME shortcuts not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the Japanese IME to my keyboard about a year or two ago with no problems. I don't know when, sometime within the month, but my shortcuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [A. User], Aug 3, 2020.

1. [A. User] Win User

Japanese IME shortcuts not working

I installed the Japanese IME to my keyboard about a year or two ago with no problems. I don't know when, sometime within the month, but my shortcuts don't work anymore. I can use alt+shift and shift+caps lock, but none of the other shortcuts do anything. I've always used the default, but I tried some of the recommended customized shortcuts, and nothing happens. To switch to katakana, I need to right-click the IME on the taskbar and select it, and I need to click the IME twice to go back to hiragana.

I've tried multiple solutions, including restoring the default settings and reinstalling the language, but they didn't work. I'm out of ideas on what to do.

:)

[A. User], Aug 3, 2020
  2. duceduc Win User

Japanese IME Not Working

I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore.

I have tried all the shortcuts, uninstall Japanese language pack, and replaced some files in the IME folder from a working Windows 10 pc (virtual box).

I am running 1903 and Windows update is up to date.

Japanese IME shortcuts not working [​IMG]

duceduc, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Japanese IME shortcuts have been changed?

Hi,

It seems that since a few days ago, the Japanese IME keyboards shortucts have been changed? Before to switch from my "normal" input method (French) to the Japanese one, I had to press ALT + SHIFT, but I realised yesterday that now it's WINDOWS + SPACE...
    And all of the shortcuts I was using: ALT+² in order to switch from hiragana, to katakana, to romaji for instance, don't work anymore. What happened? Also, is there a list of all the new shortcuts I could use?

Thank you,

Flavien

FlavienPuel, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Japanese IME shortcuts not working - Similar Threads - Japanese IME shortcuts

2. Japanese IME shortcut settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  3. Japanese IME shortcut settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  5. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  6. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  9. Japanese IME not working

Japanese IME not working: I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric. I've tried re-installing the package with no luck....
  10. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...