Windows 10: Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

Discus and support Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yue Galdea, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!

:)

Yue Galdea, Nov 24, 2022

2. Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose
    Katakana, it's very annoying, especially when you are typing a long Japanese document. How can i set key to switching Japanese IME

JohnHowardHr, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose Katakana,
    it's very annoying, especially when you are typing a long Japanese document. How can i set key to switching Japanese IME

JohnHowardHr, Nov 24, 2022
  4. SRKING91 Win User

Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

Japanese Keyboard Hiragana as default

To whom it concerns,

"Hiragana – Ctrl+Caps

Katakana – Alt+Caps

Romanji – Shift+Caps"

[no "n" in Romaji]

The startup default is Romaji, however, this is not the default writing system in Japanese. This is especially annoying for us that switch back and forth >100 times a day. We ask that the default for the Japanese keyboard is the ability to start typing in the native language, which by design, is hiragana format. We are expending unnecessary time going from Win + Space -> Alt + Cap Lock, typing out info then translating, Win + Space, English translation, then Win + Space -> Alt + Cap Lock again just to return back to previous settings. Again we find this extremely annoying and there is a high demand to have a proper solution for this negative user experience.

SRKING91, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

1. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps - Similar Threads - Japanese IME unable

2. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  3. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default: Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at:...
  4. [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

[Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad: Hi, everyone.I am using Windows 10 LTSC Evaluation. I just find that the Language Type will auto switch to Katakana after I use the IME Pad. When I first install the Evaluation, the language will not auto switch to Katakana, it kept in Half-width Alphanumeric.I have installed...
  5. Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana

Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana: I just installed the Japanese language package but I cannot switch from "Direct input" to "Hiragata" or other option. I've re-installed the package, tried some advised solutions in the previous threads about same problem, but no luck....
  6. Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.

Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.: I've been using the Japanese Ime for around two years with no issues, Last night there was an update my computer installed and now I can no longer switch from hiragana input to katakana input by hitting Alt+Capslock, What changed, how can I revert this?...
  7. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  8. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  9. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  10. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore: I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language that shows up (when using different languages)....