Windows 10: Japanese IME

Discus and support Japanese IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElijahNorinson2, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Japanese IME

Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate.

Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch between US and Japanese on my little taskbar thing but no matter what I do romaji does not magically become hiragana as it should. It's driving me crazy and I find it very discouraging!

I have been scouring every corner of the internet for answers. Most threads I find online are at least one or two years old and never fix. One thing I do tend to notice though is that in their screen shots there's actually two related things on the right side their taskbar: there's the "ENG" that switches to a fancy "J" for Japanese but then immediately to its left there's a second icon that is either and "A" or "". The latter is NOT on my taskbar, and I have looked everywhere for a way to find out why.

Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks for reading, at the very least!

:)

ElijahNorinson2, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Japanese IME

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Japanese IME

1. Japanese IME - Similar Threads - Japanese IME

2. Alt and Windows keys stop working intermittently with Japanese IME installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt and Windows keys stop working intermittently with Japanese IME installed: The Alt and Windows keys stop working Ctrl will still function from time to time on my Windows 10-based PCs 2 desktops, 1 Lenovo laptop. I have tried different keyboards, drivers, etc. and this issue persists. I've tried both PS/2 and USB keyboards with no difference....
  3. Japanese Typing Displaying an IME Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Typing Displaying an IME Error: Hello, When I try to type in Japanese and select the hiragana alphabet, the little icon next to the language is a little x in a circle. When hovering over it, it says "IME is disabled". The other language I have on their is Chinese, and I have no problems switching between...
  4. Japanese IME not working

Japanese IME not working: I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric. I've tried re-installing the package with no luck....
  5. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  6. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  7. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  8. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem: [ATTACH] I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing Alt + ~) and an error message will pop out as per following:-...
  9. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  10. Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working: Windows Current Version: Windows 10, 1909 18363.592 The Japanese IME used to work and now it doesn't. It had stopped working a few OS versions back. I have tried reinstalling by removing the Japanese language pack and installing back again. When I select (winkey+space), I...