Windows 10: Japanese IME

Discus and support Japanese IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr Lock, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Dr Lock Win User

Japanese IME

Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?

:)

Dr Lock, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Japanese IME

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Japanese IME

1. Japanese IME - Similar Threads - Japanese IME

2. Windows 10 22H2 - Injecting Japanese IME in ISO File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 22H2 - Injecting Japanese IME in ISO File: Hello,I'm trying to find a solution to add the Japanese IME package to an Windows ISO Installation file.The goal is to create a bootable USB to install Windows in a Company environment.The technician in Japan says she has to manually type those commands in cmd.exe :- Basic...
  3. Windows 10 22H2 - Injecting Japanese IME in ISO File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 22H2 - Injecting Japanese IME in ISO File: Hello,I'm trying to find a solution to add the Japanese IME package to an Windows ISO Installation file.The goal is to create a bootable USB to install Windows in a Company environment.The technician in Japan says she has to manually type those commands in cmd.exe :- Basic...
  4. Windows 10 22H2 - Injecting Japanese IME in ISO File

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working: Previously I used ALT+SHIFT to change between English and Japanese IME. Then, I used CTRL+SHIFT to switch between input modes in Japanese i.e. Hiragana, Katakana etc.None of these work all of a sudden.I have tried re-installing the Japanese language using powershell. It...
  6. Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working

Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working: Previously I used ALT+SHIFT to change between English and Japanese IME. Then, I used SHIFT+Capslock to switch between input modes in Japanese i.e. Hiragana, Katakana etc.None of these work all of a sudden.I have tried re-installing the Japanese language using powershell. It...
  7. Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Japanese IME is not working: Previously I used ALT+SHIFT to change between English and Japanese IME. Then, I used SHIFT+Capslock to switch between input modes in Japanese i.e. Hiragana, Katakana etc.None of these work all of a sudden.I have tried re-installing the Japanese language using powershell. It...
  8. japanese ime is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    japanese ime is not ready yet: Windows Ver: Windows 10I already test "Japanese IME is not ready yet" - Microsoft Community but power shell show error 0x80200059 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-is-not-ready-yet/89c6c53d-f772-4445-b8ea-901828ef3059
  9. japanese ime is not ready yet

japanese ime is not ready yet: Windows Ver: Windows 10I already test "Japanese IME is not ready yet" - Microsoft Community but power shell show error 0x80200059 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-is-not-ready-yet/89c6c53d-f772-4445-b8ea-901828ef3059
  10. Japanese basic typing installed but not IME Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese basic typing installed but not IME Keyboard: Hello everyone,I would like to install Japanese keyboard IMESO I installed the Japanese language, you can find attached the list of languages installed.However, as you can see on the attached second screenshot, Japanese typing method does not appear.This problem does not come...