Windows 10: Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10

Discus and support Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have no idea which topic is the correct one for this, so I just picked something. Hello! I got myself a new laptop ThinkPad with Windows 10, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tuulikannel, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10

I have no idea which topic is the correct one for this, so I just picked something.

Hello! I got myself a new laptop ThinkPad with Windows 10, and suddenly I can't write Japanese anymore. The conversion from hiragana to kanji isn't working, it only gives me either hiragana or katakana but no kanji to choose from at all. Also, when I changed to Japanese keyboard, the option to switch to other keyboards also vanished I have to log out before I get the language bar back.

:)

tuulikannel, Dec 25, 2019
  2. CJTizu Win User

Windows Phone 8 Japanese Support Input Kanji By Stroke

Hello

I've recently switched from an iPhone to a Nokia Lumia phone running Windows Phone 8. I frequently use Japanese. While I have downloaded the Japanese keyboard and find that it works well, I'm disappointed that this appears to be the only input option for
    Japanese. The iPhone, and apps like Midori available on the iPhone, also had the option of inputting kanji by drawing the strokes on the touchscreen. Sometimes this is more convenient.

Does Microsoft have any plans to provide a kanji stroke input method for Windows Phone 8, or are there any apps that offer this option already?

CJTizu, Dec 25, 2019
  3. mayamdm Win User
    Japanese IME kanji guessing

Whenever I use the Microsoft Japanese IME keyboard, it has a little text window where it offers suggestions for what kanji to use. I'd like to turn it off, because I need to study the words in hiragana. Any advice would be great.

mayamdm, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10

Unable to change Japanese Input Method on Windows 10

After hours of trying to figure this out and an unfruitful search on Google I found a way to get the advanced settings menu to come up and the language selection style menu to stay in English. Properties works now. I have verified this one two of the Windows 10 Home machines I have.

Start Menu > Search > Event Viewer
    Open Event Viewer
    Select "Japanese Microsoft IME" (Windows key + Spacebar)
    Click on "A" on taskbar
    Now it should change from "A" to "Kanji/Kana" and if you Right click on the "A" or "Kanji" the menu should show up in English. Make sure your active window is the "Event Viewer" or the menu may revert back to Japanese characters.
    In English menu on the taskbar, select "Properties" > Advanced > General Tab > Input settings/input method: Kana Input, click Apply
    Conversion Tab > Include in candidate list Half-width Katakana and Romaji, click Apply

Just to make sure all settings are correct, the Microsoft Advanced Options page should now work.

Select "Language Preferences" (Windows key + Spacebar)
    Select the Japanese Language > Options
    Under Keyboards > Microsoft IME > Options > Verify Radio button is OFF for Use Kana Input Open Advanced Settings (all the way at the bottom of menu)

Close out Notepad if you have it open. Re-Open notepad. Select Japanese Microsoft IME language again (if not already done) and change to Kanji characters. Type something to test.

I had an issue where OneNote that I was testing in would not work. It was not until the changes were made and I restarted Onenote did it finally start working within Onenote.

I hope this work-around works for everyone. I have restarted Windows multiple times and the changes stayed.

Anthony Woods, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10

1. Japanese input/kanji conversion not working in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Japanese input kanji

2. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  3. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  4. My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.: When I convert the language to Japanese and start typing, it no longer recognize the Roman input = alphabets. This used to automatically generate Japanese characters suggestions which I could choose. Eg. Until December, 2022, if I type Konnichiwa Hello in Eng -> it would...
  5. My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.: When I convert the language to Japanese and start typing, it no longer recognize the Roman input = alphabets. This used to automatically generate Japanese characters suggestions which I could choose. Eg. Until December, 2022, if I type Konnichiwa Hello in Eng -> it would...
  6. Japanese IME conversion not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME conversion not working: This is current win 10. I am having a sudden problem where hiragana to kanji conversion has stopped working. This happened in the middle of working, after things had been going fine up to that point. Previously after writing hiragana pressing space would let you scroll down...
  7. Unable to use Kanji with Japanese IME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to use Kanji with Japanese IME: Hey! I am unable to use Kanji with the Japanese IME Keyboard, is there a way to fix this? It only lets me switch between Hirigana and Katakana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-kanji-with-japanese-ime/da749a5b-e043-4b62-b692-da3e88ac4273
  8. Japanese keyboard Windows 10 doesn't switch to kanji

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Japanese keyboard Windows 10 doesn't switch to kanji: Hi everyone, I use Windows 10 and have recently installed the japanese keyboard on my computer. After a few struggles I managed to be able to use it I had to click on 'using the former version of Microsoft IME' to be able to actually type in hiragana & katakana, but now, a...
  9. Japanese Conversion

Japanese Conversion: Hello! So I was writing in japanese earlier today and was trying to write "" but when I pressed the space bar to change it to kanji the only things that showed up were ""and "" so on hiragana and katakana I was wondering if there was any way to fix this issue since all...
  10. Japanese IME kanji guessing

Japanese IME kanji guessing: Whenever I use the Microsoft Japanese IME keyboard, it has a little text window where it offers suggestions for what kanji to use. I'd like to turn it off, because I need to study the words in hiragana. Any advice would be great....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IME cannot convert kanji

2. windows 10 ime japanese space no kanji

3. how to fix a japanese keyboard IME input

4. windows japanese input,
  5. windows 10 japanese keyboard kanji,
  6. add input method win 10 japanese kanji,
  7. japanese keyboard not working windows10,
  8. kanji not showing in ime,
  9. windows 10 convert ramanji to kana,
  10. windows japanese keyboard not working,
  11. windows 10 japanese input not working,