Windows 10: japanese input method

Discus and support japanese input method in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot switch anymore among Japanese input methods (katakana - hiragana). The icon "A" does not appear anymore. Does anyone can help to solve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gerriDZ, Sep 14, 2019.

1. gerriDZ Win User

japanese input method

I cannot switch anymore among Japanese input methods (katakana - hiragana). The icon "A" does not appear anymore. Does anyone can help to solve the problem? Many thanks.

:)

gerriDZ, Sep 14, 2019

2. japanese input method

Hi gerriDZ,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Please, check if the recommendations and steps indicated in this thread work to solve your problem, user phynyxstryker applied the steps and this worked for him and other users with the same problem

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Sep 25, 2019
  3. gerriDZ Win User
    japanese input method

I cannot switch anymore among Japanese input methods (katakana - hiragana). The icon "A" does not appear anymore. Does anyone can help to solve the problem? Many thanks.

gerriDZ, Sep 25, 2019
  4. TroyGBiv Win User

japanese input method

The Japanese IME input method will not change - Windows 10

I have installed Windows 10 Professional (64bit) on a new computer.

The Japanese IME is installed and appears correctly in the task bar notifications area.

The input method menu appears (to choose between, Hiragana, Katakana, etc.) but I cannot select any of the options on the menu. When I click for the Hiragana option, nothing happens, and the input method stays on Romaji (or the default English letters).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IME. I've even installed Japanese as a system language, but nothing is working.

TroyGBiv, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

japanese input method

1. japanese input method - Similar Threads - japanese input method

2. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  4. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input method not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and now my keyboard input methods for other languages don't work. I've used them for years and now after the last Windows update I can type ONLY in English. I'm using Microsoft Pinyin and Japanese IME's.Please advice. Thanks....
  5. CPIME Input Method

CPIME Input Method: My CPIME input method is greyed out. I've tried the methods in this website: FAQ: Windows 10 Cantonese Phonetic IME CPIME greyed out :: Pinyin Joe but nothing seems to work....
  6. Input method

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input method: I find that there is one extra input method called English(Australia) How can i delete it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-method/8f286f3b-6037-47a8-8f3b-3987b7443078
  7. Text input method

Text input method: I have only just recently received my Microsoft Surface Go asked am slowly relearning how to get around in the Windows/pc os. I haven't used an actual PC in so long! For years I've done anything and everything on my android smart phones which is just crazy. Also I am...
  8. input method

input method: I want to input method for keyboard in devlys010 font for hindi in main languge of windows default language. But here hindi language available but it don't take devlys010 font as input method but in Microsoft office it take it because there I have option available Thanks...
  9. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  10. IME Japanese input

IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. japanese input method whichever one is chosen always apear a