Windows 10: Japanese is missing in language bar

Discus and support Japanese is missing in language bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandra Valdez1, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Japanese is missing in language bar

Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?

:)

Sandra Valdez1, Oct 20, 2018

2. Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Oct 20, 2018
  4. TokyoMike Win User

Japanese is missing in language bar

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Japanese is missing in language bar

1. Japanese is missing in language bar - Similar Threads - Japanese missing language

2. Missing language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing language bar: I have installed English and Nepali languages in my laptop. after restarting the laptop 1st I could not see the language bar, 2nd Windows search goes in Nepali language and others work like typing, and the browser search goes in English. how to solve it??...
  3. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  4. Japanese language not working in the language bar

Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  5. Problem with language bar and Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with language bar and Japanese: Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of...
  6. Problem with language bar and Japanese

Problem with language bar and Japanese: Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of...
  7. language bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar missing: language bar missing ,use to have choice but not showing on the task bar . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar-missing/4aa5266a-e154-4567-9728-6ebbf77e4336
  8. IME Options missing for Japanese language

IME Options missing for Japanese language: Hi, I have a problem with the japanese IME options that doesn't show up in the taskbar when switching to Japanese Japanese Microsoft IME. This only occurs on one of my user account and only on one PC. I have another PC that works just fine with both the input indicator...
  9. Japanese IME missing in language bar

Japanese IME missing in language bar: Hello, I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way to select...
  10. Language bar is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar is missing: I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the...