Windows 10: Japanese is only available as display language Win10?

Discus and support Japanese is only available as display language Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to add Japanese as INPUT LANGUAGE on my laptop. If I select Japanese in Settings -> language -> add language then it will only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ksjdfsndfl, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Japanese is only available as display language Win10?

Hello, I would like to add Japanese as INPUT LANGUAGE on my laptop. If I select Japanese in Settings -> language -> add language then it will only appear as display language and when I try to write I get an error message that the required dictionary is not installed. Unfortunately I did not find out in the internet how to install it manually, except for one possibility but you need Cortana, which I do not have, because Windows meant to delete Cortana completely.

Does anyone happen to know how to install the missing files?

:)

Ksjdfsndfl, Jul 10, 2020

2. display language is in Japanese

Hello

I mistakenly changed my display language from English to Japanese.

I was trying to change the keyboard to be able to switch over to Japanese.

I made a mistake.

I'm a very beginner with Japanese. I cannot read Japanese.

How to I change back to English when everything is written in Japanese?

Thanks for you help.

Chris

ChristopherOlmsted, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Why My PC Unable to Install Japanese Display Language In Windows 10

Hi Adell,

There are a number of reasons why Japanese language is not available for your computer. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build and edition are you using? Click
      here for the instruction on how to find your Windows 10 edition and build.
    • Are you getting an error message when trying to add the Japanese language to your display settings? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any changes to your device before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jul 10, 2020
  4. atreyie Win User

Japanese is only available as display language Win10?

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Japanese is only available as display language Win10?

1. Japanese is only available as display language Win10? - Similar Threads - Japanese available display

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Laptop win10 display language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop win10 display language: It's a Dell laptop purchased in 2019 in China.When I was using it, the OS was English. Then I did a factory reset. The display language is in Chinese. I've tried to add English but in the display language in Time and Language, there's only Chinese in the dropdown list. I just...
  5. Laptop win10 display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop win10 display language: It's a Dell laptop purchased in 2019 in China.When I was using it, the OS was English. Then I did a factory reset. The display language is in Chinese. I've tried to add English but in the display language in Time and Language, there's only Chinese in the dropdown list. I just...
  6. Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10: I'm having an issue installing the Japanese language pack. It keeps saying that the language pack cannot be acquired, and showing an error message: 0x80240004. I tried multiple ways and none worked. How can I solve this issue?...
  7. Displaying Japanese language on the monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Displaying Japanese language on the monitor: Recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. On my previous computer, using Windows 10, I installed an app because IME didn't work, with that app I was able to have Japanese appear on the screen using qwerty keyboard as input. On the latest version of Windows I am...
  8. Japanese - Windows Display Language

Japanese - Windows Display Language: Hello. As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have...
  9. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"
  10. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese: Hi, guys. My laptop was Acer with Windows 10. Currently I'm trying to change my Windows Display Lauguage into Japanese but it was unsuccessful. By looking at other user's question and their feedbacks, i found out that my laptop doesn't even show the way to install windows...