Windows 10: japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird

Discus and support japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; in my language settings, i have `French(Switzerland)`, `English(Switzerland)`, `Japanese` and `French (France)`??? i didn't add the french france one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nicolas2004GE, Nov 27, 2020.

1. japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird

in my language settings, i have `French(Switzerland)`, `English(Switzerland)`, `Japanese` and `French (France)`???

i didn't add the french france one myself and when i switch to the japanese one, it automatically switches off it and one below the last keyboard selected

when i added it it worked fine before, but now it doesn'twindows keyboards alwayse have been weird, some appearing out of nowhere and now the japanese keyboard not working

edit: i'm not afraid to go in regex if i need to to fix whatever the * is happening

submitted by /u/nicolas2004GE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nicolas2004GE, Nov 27, 2020

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 27, 2020
  4. japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird

1. japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird - Similar Threads - japanese keyboard doesn't

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  5. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  6. Taskbar doesn't show icon for japanese language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't show icon for japanese language: Hi, I installed a language pack for Japanese and checked the option for the keyboard icon to appear in the taskbar. Unfortunately, after switching to Japanese, the icon disappears completely while English and Polish works normally. In this case I am not able to use Japanese...
  7. Japanese language keyboard issue

Japanese language keyboard issue: hi, i have installed Japanese language pack in windows 10 pro system, but the keyboard language is not changing its showing English. i tried to install other languages and working fine. Please provide guidance to this. Thank you....
  8. Windows Japanese Language Keyboard Doesn't Allow me To Type

Windows Japanese Language Keyboard Doesn't Allow me To Type: Like the title says, this problem has been happening for a little while, but I currently switch between the English WIndows keyboard and the Japanese keyboard I downloaded from the windows libraries. Recently whenever I am typing within the Japanese keyboard, as I am typing a...
  9. Japanese Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Language Pack: Japanese Language Pack - We have tried everything the screens prompts us to do with no luck. Cannot toggle between alpha, hiragana or katakana. All we get is Alpha. Also it says proofing is not installed but we cannot find a way to download it....
  10. japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    japanese language pack: Japanese language pack download offline setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-language-pack/33753296-125a-4953-8d0d-02dfc478d816