Windows 10: Japanese Language and Windows 10

Discus and support Japanese Language and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded the Japanese language pack without setting it as display language, just to type with it since i know some japanese. I soon noticed that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fernesia, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Japanese Language and Windows 10

I downloaded the Japanese language pack without setting it as display language, just to type with it since i know some japanese. I soon noticed that it changed the font of every japanese text on websites, applications and other stuff. Not a big deal, but i thought that font was ugly so i removed the japanese pack and nothing changed.

Help?

What i already tried:
    - Removing and installing the pack multiple times
    - Restarting the PC
    - Searching in browser and windows options related to fonts and languages (i could have missed somehting anyway)

submitted by /u/Fernesia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fernesia, Jan 26, 2021

2. Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 26, 2021
  3. change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Japanese Language and Windows 10

Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Japanese Language and Windows 10

1. Japanese Language and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Japanese Language

2. Bought a japanese laptop - cannot completely change Windows 11 language specifically the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a japanese laptop - cannot completely change Windows 11 language specifically the...: Hello, I bought a PC in Japan and I changed the display langnuage to Spanish ArgentinaEven if most of the PC is now showed in spanish, some things are still in Japanese90% of the Configuration app Some texts here and there, for example the "sign in" word after suspending the...
  3. Bought a japanese laptop - cannot completely change Windows 11 language specifically the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a japanese laptop - cannot completely change Windows 11 language specifically the...: Hello, I bought a PC in Japan and I changed the display langnuage to Spanish ArgentinaEven if most of the PC is now showed in spanish, some things are still in Japanese90% of the Configuration app Some texts here and there, for example the "sign in" word after suspending the...
  4. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  5. language in japanese

language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  6. Japanese Language Pack getting stuck during install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Language Pack getting stuck during install: I'm running Windows 11 ver 22H2 and I can't seem to get the Japanese language pack downloaded on my computer. I've been trying for a few days, but every part of it gets stuck at around 75% and just stays there. I even left it running while I slept to see if it would be done...
  7. Japanese Language Pack getting stuck during install

Japanese Language Pack getting stuck during install: I'm running Windows 11 ver 22H2 and I can't seem to get the Japanese language pack downloaded on my computer. I've been trying for a few days, but every part of it gets stuck at around 75% and just stays there. I even left it running while I slept to see if it would be done...
  8. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.: My windows10 was originally English version, I have changed it to Japanese by installing language packthrough company portal, most of UI of windows show in Japanese correctly however "Windows Setting" still show English. How can I fix the issue?...
  9. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

"Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.: My windows10 was originally English version, I have changed it to Japanese by installing language packthrough company portal, most of UI of windows show in Japanese correctly however "Windows Setting" still show English. How can I fix the issue?...
  10. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

in Windows 10 Customization