Windows 10: Japanese language keyboard issue

Discus and support Japanese language keyboard issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i have installed Japanese language pack in windows 10 pro system, but the keyboard language is not changing its showing English. i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IS ALERTS, Jul 25, 2020.

1. IS ALERTS Win User

Japanese language keyboard issue

hi, i have installed Japanese language pack in windows 10 pro system, but the keyboard language is not changing its showing English.

i tried to install other languages and working fine.

Please provide guidance to this.

Thank you.

:)

IS ALERTS, Jul 25, 2020

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 25, 2020
  4. atreyie Win User

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Japanese language keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Japanese language keyboard

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Language & keyboard issues

Language & keyboard issues: I am having issues regarding the Windows display and keyboard language.What I want: Windows displays everything in English, and there are two available keyboard options, English primary and Greek secondary.What I currently have which I have a problem with: Windows displays...
  5. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  6. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  7. japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    japanese keyboard doesn't work, and multi-language is weird: in my language settings, i have `French(Switzerland)`, `English(Switzerland)`, `Japanese` and `French (France)`??? i didn't add the french france one myself and when i switch to the japanese one, it automatically switches off it and one below the last keyboard selected when...
  8. Japanese Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Language Pack: Japanese Language Pack - We have tried everything the screens prompts us to do with no luck. Cannot toggle between alpha, hiragana or katakana. All we get is Alpha. Also it says proofing is not installed but we cannot find a way to download it....
  9. Japanese language/locale issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese language/locale issue: So I'm trying to unpack a zipped file that contains files with names in Japanese. I currently have my locale set to Japan in order to get non-unicode programs to use Japanese as the system language and, likewise, I also have Japanese IME language installed. I frequently use...
  10. japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    japanese language pack: Japanese language pack download offline setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-language-pack/33753296-125a-4953-8d0d-02dfc478d816