Windows 10: Japanese to English

Discus and support Japanese to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meliodas 12345, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Japanese to English

Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English.

please help me.

:)

meliodas 12345, Sep 17, 2020
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Sep 17, 2020
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following:

Settings:
    Installed English language pack
    Made English default language

Power menu (not sure of proper name - win_key-x):
    Tried to switch language to English but does not appear in the menu.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Japanese to English

Japanese IME - How to have menus in English?

The default display language for the Microsoft IME is "Automatic", and occasionally it decides for whatever reason to change from English to Japanese or vice versa.
    At any rate, you can correct the issue without removing any language packs via the following steps. I'm going to assume that your Windows display language is in English, but your IME is set to display in Japanese.

1. Navigate thus: Control Panel -> Region & Language -> Keyboards &
      Languages -> Change Keyboards
    2. Highlight "Microsoft IME" under the Japanese (Japan) keyboard section of the "Installed services" list
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Under the ""全股" tab, you will see an option at the bottom "メニューおよびダイアログで使用する言語" which is the IME display language option. Change this to "英語" (English) and save your changes (the buttons are in the same order as they are in the English UI, "Okay", "Cancel", "Apply", and "Help".

The next time you reopen the IME in the language bar, it should display in English.

Vector Gorgoth, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Japanese to English

1. Japanese to English - Similar Threads - Japanese English

2. Change the Smart Scan device Manager to English from Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Smart Scan device Manager to English from Japanese: I downloaded the Print Scan Device Manager from the Microsoft store and it is in Japanese, I need English in order to use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-smart-scan-device-manager-to-english/b30b27af-2bc1-49b1-ac78-3cd371a75a1c
  3. Change the Smart Scan device Manager to English from Japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the Smart Scan device Manager to English from Japanese: I downloaded the Print Scan Device Manager from the Microsoft store and it is in Japanese, I need English in order to use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-smart-scan-device-manager-to-english/b30b27af-2bc1-49b1-ac78-3cd371a75a1c
  4. Change the Smart Scan device Manager to English from Japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.: My windows10 was originally English version, I have changed it to Japanese by installing language packthrough company portal, most of UI of windows show in Japanese correctly however "Windows Setting" still show English. How can I fix the issue?...
  6. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

"Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.: My windows10 was originally English version, I have changed it to Japanese by installing language packthrough company portal, most of UI of windows show in Japanese correctly however "Windows Setting" still show English. How can I fix the issue?...
  7. "Windows Setting" UI still show English after installed Japanese language pack.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?: I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 that came with a Japanese windows 11. Made a mistake choosing Japan as my region/country during the start up. So after downloading the updates and signing in, went ahead and changed the region on settings and added english as the primary...
  9. How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?

How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?: I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 that came with a Japanese windows 11. Made a mistake choosing Japan as my region/country during the start up. So after downloading the updates and signing in, went ahead and changed the region on settings and added english as the primary...
  10. Why is my lap top translate my language of my choice Japanese into English without my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my lap top translate my language of my choice Japanese into English without my...: My lap top strated translating the Japanese channels I was viewing and typing comments on them in Japanese but suddenly change to English ?Sometimes mid sentences.It started couple of weeks ago and not constantly but only occasionally.I tried to change language settings and...