Windows 10: [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

Discus and support [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, everyone.I am using Windows 10 LTSC Evaluation. I just find that the Language Type will auto switch to Katakana after I use the IME Pad. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by roZe2, May 23, 2021.

1. roZe2 Win User

[Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

Hi, everyone.I am using Windows 10 LTSC Evaluation. I just find that the Language Type will auto switch to Katakana after I use the IME Pad. When I first install the Evaluation, the language will not auto switch to Katakana, it kept in Half-width Alphanumeric.I have installed some update, is that the problem?

:)

roZe2, May 23, 2021
  2. Mopaxian Win User

Can't switch input methods for Japanese Microsoft IME

Not to be obtuse, but do you know Windows 10? This person is talking about the Windows 10 IME for Japanese, the one that gets installed when you add Japanese as input language. I have the same problem: alt-shift toggles between languages just fine, but by
    default the Japanese IME lets you type in latin characters ("romaji") and while we SHOULD be able to switch that input mode to hiragana, katakana, or even direct input, those options do not work. Even using the mouse to click the "A" and then selecting "hiragana"
    (written in Japanese for whatever reason all of a sudden, it used to be in English unless you were running in full Japanese locale mode) does _nothing_

So: how do we fix that? What do we do in order to get the Microsoft Japanese IME to change input modes (not input languages) when Japanese is active?

Mopaxian, May 23, 2021
  3. Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose Katakana,
    it's very annoying, especially when you are typing a long Japanese document. How can i set key to switching Japanese IME

JohnHowardHr, May 23, 2021
  4. [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

Japanese Keyboard IME cycle not working

Time be fore whenever switching to Japanese Keyboard, i can easily use Ctrl + Cap or Alt + Cap to choose Hiragana Input or Katakana Input but now it's no longer working after Window 10 update version 2004. Now i have to Right click on IME and choose
    Katakana, it's very annoying, especially when you are typing a long Japanese document. How can i set key to switching Japanese IME

JohnHowardHr, May 23, 2021
Thema:

[Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

1. [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad - Similar Threads - Japaneses Language Disable

2. Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME: Is there a fix to why the IME does not work? No "A" showing in task bar to let you change from Kanji to Hiragana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/3fe121aa-53dd-4271-85fd-85083a7f9b6d
  3. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  4. IME Options missing for Japanese language

IME Options missing for Japanese language: Hi, I have a problem with the japanese IME options that doesn't show up in the taskbar when switching to Japanese Japanese Microsoft IME. This only occurs on one of my user account and only on one PC. I have another PC that works just fine with both the input indicator...
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  6. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb
  10. Japanese IME missing in language bar

Japanese IME missing in language bar: Hello, I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way to select...