Windows 10: .jar file text always looking corrupted

Discus and support .jar file text always looking corrupted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I open a jar file any text inside of it just looks like its corrupted. As example, thescreenshot here is my most recent encounter. It's just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Das_Unterstrich., Jan 11, 2021.

1. .jar file text always looking corrupted

Whenever I open a jar file any text inside of it just looks like its corrupted. As example, thescreenshot here is my most recent encounter. It's just a Minecaft tool but I have the same with any jar file and I have no idea why. My first guess is that it came from me changing my system font, but even after changing it back I didn't saw any difference. I tried to re-install Java but also didn't saw any fix of this problem. Some tools like jarfix.exe are useless as well, since the files still work perfectly, just the text is corrupted. Any button, text-box, etc still works.
    If I try to type something, it is like I would literally use some Caesars Code encryption, it feels like the whole alphabet just shifted. If I type A, it gets displayed as C, B as D, C as E, etc, Z is \, the same logic applies to all numbers or special characters like @%$# etc. Sometimes there are just random spaces. I tried to search in the internet for people with similar problems, but didn't found any. I also tried to restart my pc, turn off any Antivirus, re-download both some jar files and Java but nothing. I have absolutely no idea what causes this problem, and I just hope that there is a way to fix this without having to re-install windows.

I am currently running:

-Java 8 Update 271 64 bit

-Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 64 bit

:)

Das_Unterstrich., Jan 11, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 11, 2021
  4. .jar file text always looking corrupted

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Have you tried the second solution?

"Open the Settings app. Navigate to the System > Default apps.

Scroll all the way down and select Choose default apps by file type.

Locate the .jar file type and choose a default application.

This method offers limited options and you can only choose applications recognized by Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s another method that you can try. To change file associations, do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Control Panel from the list.

When Control Panel opens, select Default Programs.

Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Locate the .jar file on the list and double-click it.

A list of suggested applications will appear. Click on More apps.

Scroll all the way down and choose Look for another app on this PC.

Locate the javaw.exe file. By default, the application should be located in Program Files folder. Select the application and choose it as a default for .jar files.

Optional: Some users recommend changing the parameters of javaw.exe. To do that, simply locate the file and create its shortcut. Right-click it and navigate to the Properties. Now, locate the Target file and add -jar “%1” % . Be sure to select this newly created
    shortcut in Step 7.

You can also change file association by right clicking the jar file and choosing Open With > Choose another app. After doing that, follow the steps 5 to 8 from the above"

DouglasMillar69, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

.jar file text always looking corrupted

1. .jar file text always looking corrupted - Similar Threads - jar file text

2. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  3. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  4. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Looking for assistance on a corrupt file

Looking for assistance on a corrupt file: I ran the sfc scan and found this corrupt file. Was wondering if anybody has any idea how to repair. I tried downloading a new file and replacing it but it wont let me. I also tried booting with the windows installer to repair start up but failed as well. Thank you in...
  6. jar files

jar files: I downloaded a jar file but accidentally connected it to a app so when ever i open it it opens the app. I dont want it to do this and its not letting me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/9c374df5-9af7-46de-99b1-65251c3cc902
  7. jar files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    jar files: Hi! I have downloaded a jar file before and haven't had this problem so this is new to me. I downloaded the .jar file onto my desktop and when I went to look for it on my desktop, it was not found. I went to quick access and opened up the file location and my desktop...
  8. .jar files

.jar files: Hello, I've accidentaly changed .jar files to be opened with notepad. They should be opened with Java program. Could you help me change it back, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/d7afb1f5-fc0b-43f9-a22f-25ab2a7f1c84
  9. .jar files

.jar files: I was trying to download some things for games and I accidentally changed what they should open with and now I cant change it back to the original thing, meaning that whenever I download a .jar file it will automatically try to open with Internet Explorer and when I try to...
  10. .jar file

.jar file: My .jar file is not opening as it opens a cmd applictaion and then dissapears it is a Jar file as i would need it to be an excecutable jar file i do have java downloaded aswell as jdk latest version need help pleas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What is jarfiel corupt- and how do i remove jarfiel corupt