Windows 10: .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running

Discus and support .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think this is a pretty common problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution. I need to run a .jar file, which I would normally do by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarsonFuller, Apr 7, 2021.

1. .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running

I think this is a pretty common problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution.

I need to run a .jar file, which I would normally do by double-clicking on it. However, the file now just opens in Internet Explorer, which tries to download it again.

Does anyone know how to run a .jar file instead of opening it?

:)

CarsonFuller, Apr 7, 2021

2. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 7, 2021
  3. NateHoopu Win User
    .jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Apr 7, 2021
  4. harrymc Win User

.jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running

Jar file opens with internet explorer

Your .jar file-association has probably been hijacked, perhaps by Internet Explorer.

You can fix the problem with:

• Download and run the free
      Jarfix, or
    • Uninstalling an then re-installing Java Runtime, or
    • In Windows Explorer, right-click on the .jar file, select Open with
      and click on Choose another app. Navigate to and select javaw.exe.
      You would need to ensure a -jar parameter is added.

It would be better to add the JRE executable folder to the PATH environment variable,
    although not absolutely required.

harrymc, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

.jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running

1. .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running - Similar Threads - jar Files Open

2. Whenever I try to run a .jar file on my windows 11 pc, it opens internet explorer for some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to run a .jar file on my windows 11 pc, it opens internet explorer for some...: Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-run-a-jar-file-on-my-windows-11/1f0838a1-4f97-4640-a05f-eba11d18f417
  3. Whenever I try to run a .jar file on my windows 11 pc, it opens internet explorer for some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to run a .jar file on my windows 11 pc, it opens internet explorer for some...: Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-run-a-jar-file-on-my-windows-11/1f0838a1-4f97-4640-a05f-eba11d18f417
  4. jar file not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jar file not opening: why the hell wont my file open? i have tried literally everything [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-file-not-opening/867eeb37-c1d0-4185-9ad9-2f9ae95e531d
  5. .Jar files not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .Jar files not opening: ive tried everything, jarfix CMD pathing , BAT file, javaw.exe fucking nothing. submitted by /u/jmantechno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8afe2/jar_files_not_opening/
  6. Jar File not Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jar File not Opening: So I have installed Minecraft Java 1.16.4 on my Windows 10 and I have tried to install Optifine 1.16.4 on it and I got it where the icon is the jar teacup with the smoke and every time I try to install it it says there was an error in the following sequence that has a...
  7. .jar file opens with wordpad.

.jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  8. Jar files not opening with Windows Explorer

Jar files not opening with Windows Explorer: So today I downloaded a Minecraft mod called "OptiFine" and It's a jar file. But the file opens with Firefox not File Explorer, I've tried to change the "Open with" setting but there Isn't an option to select File Explorer! Help would be apprediated!!! submitted by...
  9. internet access to .jar file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet access to .jar file: I am trying to run a .jar file on my computer, but my computer wont give internet access the the .jar file, is there any way i can fix this? or am i out of luck....
  10. How to open or run a JAR file on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to open or run a JAR file on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]JAR files are like EXE files except that they need a Java framework to run. Imagine them as EXE files on Windows which you can double click to launch the program. When you run an EXE file, it uses Windows [...] This post How to open or run a JAR file on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Internet explorer jar app

2. file explorer.jar

3. how can open internet explorer jar file

4. pc internet and storage sharing java jar