Windows 10: .jar files "package unavailable"

Discus and support .jar files "package unavailable" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently tried to install forge for Minecraft but upon attempting to open the .jar file, I was met with "package unavailable". I then tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthemXI, Dec 5, 2021.

1. AnthemXI Win User

.jar files "package unavailable"

I've recently tried to install forge for Minecraft but upon attempting to open the .jar file, I was met with "package unavailable". I then tried to reinstall the latest version of Java and the problems persisted. I've also tried to open other .jar files and they are unavailable. When trying to open them with WinRAR and the command prompt; No luck.

:)

AnthemXI, Dec 5, 2021

2. .jar files not working

Hi Mohammed,

JAR (Java ARchive) is a package file format used to aggregate many Java class files into one file for distribution and is built on the
    ZIP format. If you are having trouble opening these files, we suggesting reinstalling Java by following these steps:

• Open Settings from the Start menu.
    • Select Apps, click on Java, then select
      Uninstall
    • Download and install Java from this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 5, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

.java to .jar file

As a side note to Easy Rhinos comment, you can only jar .class files, meaning that you need to compile all the .java files and them jar the .class files resulting from the compilation. Example:
    Code: javac Test.java jar cf Teste.jar Test.class[/quote]

temp02, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

1. .jar files "package unavailable" - Similar Threads - jar files package

2. .jar files "package unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar files "package unavailable": I've recently tried to install forge for Minecraft but upon attempting to open the .jar file, I was met with "package unavailable". I then tried to reinstall the latest version of Java and the problems persisted. I've also tried to open other .jar files and they are...
  3. .jar files "package unavailable"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files "package unavailable": I've recently tried to install forge for Minecraft but upon attempting to open the .jar file, I was met with "package unavailable". I then tried to reinstall the latest version of Java and the problems persisted. I've also tried to open other .jar files and they are...
  4. .jar File Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar File Problem: Hello, I've seen a few posts about this and read through a bunch of answers to solve this problem but sadly have not worked. Cutting to the things I've done; The latest Java application is fully installed and has been set to the default opener of jar files, thinking I was...
  5. jar files

jar files: I downloaded a jar file but accidentally connected it to a app so when ever i open it it opens the app. I dont want it to do this and its not letting me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/9c374df5-9af7-46de-99b1-65251c3cc902
  6. jar files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    jar files: Hi! I have downloaded a jar file before and haven't had this problem so this is new to me. I downloaded the .jar file onto my desktop and when I went to look for it on my desktop, it was not found. I went to quick access and opened up the file location and my desktop...
  7. .jar files

.jar files: Hello, I've accidentaly changed .jar files to be opened with notepad. They should be opened with Java program. Could you help me change it back, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/d7afb1f5-fc0b-43f9-a22f-25ab2a7f1c84
  8. .jar files

.jar files: I was trying to download some things for games and I accidentally changed what they should open with and now I cant change it back to the original thing, meaning that whenever I download a .jar file it will automatically try to open with Internet Explorer and when I try to...
  9. .jar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .jar files: I'm attempting to switch the program I use to open .jar files from Internet Explorer to java but when I head to settings and choose "Choose Default Apps By File Type" I scroll down to .jar and press the button in order change the default app but it only gives me the options...
  10. .jar file

.jar file: My .jar file is not opening as it opens a cmd applictaion and then dissapears it is a Jar file as i would need it to be an excecutable jar file i do have java downloaded aswell as jdk latest version need help pleas...