Windows 10: Java delays start in command window, etc.

Discus and support Java delays start in command window, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I write some Java programs and build/run them in a DOS-style command line in Windows 10.... using Win 10 64-bit... plenty of RAM. Until about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bruce_R_290, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Java delays start in command window, etc.

I write some Java programs and build/run them in a DOS-style command line in Windows 10.... using Win 10 64-bit... plenty of RAM.

Until about the summer 2020 it was fine. Now, when I enter "java ...." to run a program, it just sits there, sometimes 4 seconds, sometimes 30 or more... then it will run.

Recently, I found that if I enter Ctrl-C, it will break whatever is holding it up, then run. fwiw, I use PC-Matic for anti-virus, and by chance, I found that if I disable its 'super shield', the problem goes away -- MOST times but not always.

This also happens with a simple C program I wrote that simply spawns a java program to run via the system function.

I have yet to hear back from the makers of PC Matic... maybe it's time for a change there too.

Any insight? Thank you.

:)

Bruce_R_290, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Java delays start in command window, etc. :)

3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Java delays start in command window, etc. [​IMG]

Java delays start in command window, etc. [​IMG]

zinou, Feb 18, 2021
  4. ryanly Win User

Java delays start in command window, etc.

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Java delays start in command window, etc.

1. Java delays start in command window, etc. - Similar Threads - Java delays start

2. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delayed adaptor start: Hello — I been running win 10 on all of my computers and when I noticed the alert that 22H2 was available for download I installed it on the first of my computers. The first was a laptop, but it connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. I was surprised that it was...
  3. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delayed adaptor start: Hello — I been running win 10 on all of my computers and when I noticed the alert that 22H2 was available for download I installed it on the first of my computers. The first was a laptop, but it connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. I was surprised that it was...
  4. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  6. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  7. Wifi delayed start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi delayed start: I have two Dell computers, a work laptop windows 10 pro version 20H2 build 19042.1165 and a personal desktop windows 10 home version 20H2 build 19042.1165 and both have the same problem. On startup or restart my wifi is very slow to connect automatically 60+ seconds. The...
  8. Start up delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up delay: Password request does not pop up after 5 minutes or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-delay/909a7a85-d31d-4449-b98c-b8513004ea31
  9. Start button delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button delay: Hi all, just reporting an annoying issue, nothing critical, but most times when I click the Windows Start button there is a slight delay (1 to 2 seconds) in displaying the start screen menu, like it's not snappy. Any feedback on this? Thanks 136987
  10. Delay in starting Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in starting Windows: A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems to initially boot as before then the screen goes blank for about one minute before the log in screen appears. Previously the...