Windows 10: Java files

Discus and support Java files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to install resource packs and shaders for Minecraft on Java but everytime I try to download the file, it makes me choose an app or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exxtendo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Exxtendo Win User

Java files

I've been trying to install resource packs and shaders for Minecraft on Java but everytime I try to download the file, it makes me choose an app or browser that runs the .jar file without installing it. Is there a way to fix because I have been looking everywhere and I cannot find anything.

:)

Exxtendo, Jul 10, 2020

2. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

"Reinstall or update Java Runtime Environment

If you can’t run jar files on your Windows 10 PC, you might need to reinstall Java Runtime Environment. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.

When the Settings app opens, go to the System section. Now, choose Apps & features from the left pane.

Locate Java from the list and choose the Uninstall option.

After doing that, navigate to Java’s website and download the latest version of the software. Once installed, check if the problem is resolved. Keep in mind that it’s not mandatory that you remove your previous Java installation, so you can skip that step and
    just install the latest version on top.

Java will also automatically check for updates, and if updates are available you’ll get a notification. To update Java, simply click the notification and choose the Update option. Now follow the instructions to complete the update"

More details here:

https://windowsreport.com/jar-files-not-opening...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DouglasMillar69, Jul 10, 2020
  3. .java to .jar file

if you know the manual then you know you dont put the code in the program, you convert all of your java class files into a jar file using their compiler.

Easy Rhino, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Java files

Unable to save .java file

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Is the issue specific to Java files?

Method 1: Disable your anti-virus software

I would suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus and then check for the issue.

Note: Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is a potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software after completing the troubleshooting steps and after identifying the issue.

Method 2: Test the issue on a new user account

Follow the steps below:

• In search type User Account.
    • Select manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in this PC account.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Java files

1. Java files - Similar Threads - Java files

2. Does Keep my files erase Minecraft Java worlds and data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Keep my files erase Minecraft Java worlds and data?: Hello. And I wanted to reset my pc, I saw keep my files option, and I am wondering, does keep my files erase all minecraft worlds and data? But the program will be removed but they still keep worlds and server lists and data after I reinstalled minecraft?...
  3. Does Keep my files erase Minecraft Java worlds and data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Keep my files erase Minecraft Java worlds and data?: Hello. And I wanted to reset my pc, I saw keep my files option, and I am wondering, does keep my files erase all minecraft worlds and data? But the program will be removed but they still keep worlds and server lists and data after I reinstalled minecraft?...
  4. Does Keep my files erase Minecraft Java worlds and data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Java SE Binary wont show up as an opening option for opening Jar files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java SE Binary wont show up as an opening option for opening Jar files: when I click open with I do not see Java SE binary and I dont know how else to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-se-binary-wont-show-up-as-an-opening-option/ff50d020-7a66-4058-b3e7-d145b32c88d1
  6. Java SE Binary wont show up as an opening option for opening Jar files

Java SE Binary wont show up as an opening option for opening Jar files: when I click open with I do not see Java SE binary and I dont know how else to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-se-binary-wont-show-up-as-an-opening-option/ff50d020-7a66-4058-b3e7-d145b32c88d1
  7. Why won't java load a file on windows 11

Why won't java load a file on windows 11: I downloaded Java for the fifth time and I checked in command prompt to make sure it was working and everything checked out, but when I go to open a java file OptiFine it states that it is unable to install java. Does anyone know a fix for this?...
  8. Why won't java load a file on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't java load a file on windows 11: I downloaded Java for the fifth time and I checked in command prompt to make sure it was working and everything checked out, but when I go to open a java file OptiFine it states that it is unable to install java. Does anyone know a fix for this?...
  9. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the...: I'm trying to get either Adoptium JDK or the official Oracle JDKs to work on Windows 11 22H2. Whenever I try to install it and use it, literally the only file that doesn't work is javaw.exe. Problem pictured below. Clearly the file exists; it even comes up when I do dir...
  10. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the...

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the...: I'm trying to get either Adoptium JDK or the official Oracle JDKs to work on Windows 11 22H2. Whenever I try to install it and use it, literally the only file that doesn't work is javaw.exe. Problem pictured below. Clearly the file exists; it even comes up when I do dir...