Windows 10: Java Installer doesn't run

Discus and support Java Installer doesn't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by highstream, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Java Installer doesn't run

Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but disappears in a few seconds. The 64 bit version doesn't even do that much. My problems with installing Java started with the current update, version 8 update 121. I was doing fine up through v8 update 111, but 121 returned a (known) 1603 error and the Java methods for fixing it didn't work. I removed Java from my computer via CP and JavaRa and Java's own uninstaller and did a bit of additional removal via file manager searching. Now, in Event Viewer when I try an install file, it shows application error 1000 (screenshots). Btw, this problem started in Win 10/1511 and continues in Win 10 1607. To save time, assume I need Java.

Here's what has NOT solved it:
    - Run offline versions and online versions
    - Run as administrator
    - Run in Safe Mode
    - Run in elevated Command Prompt from root directory (C:\)
    - Run with Ninite
    - Run with JavaRa (JavaRa is not installing anything now, but before it only installed update 111 - and in wrong drive)
    - Run with Windows Firewall and Defender disabled
    - Disconnected all other drives and USB connections (for the 1607 update, but they are still disconnected)
    - (I'm probably forgetting something)

Any other ideas? Thanks,

Java Installer doesn't run [​IMG]

:)

highstream, Jan 28, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

converting .sis files into .jar

It doesn't support .sis files because it isn't a Symbian phone.

These .sis files are packages that install software in the form of binaries compiled for SymbianOS. .jar files are Java applications designed to run on a device with a Java Virtual Machine. There is no way to convert Symbian software to Java.

If you want to install .sis files then you need a S60 smartphone running SymbianOS.

grschinon, Jan 28, 2017
  3. jimg242 Win User
    I can't re-register my copy of Adobe Acrobat 8.1 after updating to Windows 10.

I have updated my computer to Windows 10. I have had numerous problems with Windows 10 since upgrading and now I've found another. I re-installed Adobe Acrobat v-8.1. I can't re-register Adobe Acrobat 8.1 (when the program requests that I do) because
    I'm notified that I must have java run-time enabled in my browser. I installed java run-time. Well, MS Edge doesn't allow plug-in's so I installed Firefox and enabled java run-time. For some reason, Adobe Acrobat doesn't recognize that java run-time is installed
    and enabled. Any suggestions appreciated.

jimg242, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Java Installer doesn't run

I see you ran JavaRa. Maybe Java's own uninstall tool will handle better. Second paragraph of this link.

Java software installation log files

I see all these error are happen in Temp. WIth it fully backed up what about running something like CCCleaner to delete all files. ( or manually)

Interesting that the different screen prints have failures in different sub-directories of Temp.

Do you think installing in Safe mode might provide a different outcome?

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
  5. Thanks. I did run Java's own uninstaller and have edited my OP to include that. It won't run now either - 1000 Application Error.

Safe Mode is in my list. I run CCleaner a lot. Is there something specific I would check in the choices?

Concerning the difference in screenshots, I tried the install with x32 and x64 several times from two different folder locations, which generated a number of Event entries. In addition, I took the Details screenshot a few minutes after the other, so probably they weren't from the same Event. Would that explain what you noticed?

highstream, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Sorry I missed the Safe mode. In CCCleaner I was after the deletion of all temp files. I wonder if Revo Uninstaller would find something?

7. Nothing in Revo Pro or Programs & Features after uninstalling Java and the updater, I think it was. Other programs are installing, so it's puzzling what's with Java. Could it be something in the registry that's not being found or liked?

highstream, Jan 28, 2017
  8. Java Installer doesn't run

That would be the most likely spot. You've deleted everything inside out, I assume the Temp files are cleaned, you likely swept through programs and Programsx86 and killed all folders. I would check programdata as well and for thoroughness I would trace down through the different AppData paths and ensure if any folders are there they are empty. Of course I would make sure I have back ups or would rename.

Maybe its time to present to their forum

Space: Java | Oracle Community

9. In my searches (before going from 1511 to 1607), I had done what you suggest. Before going further, I've run another search on the system drive for "java" and taken screenshots of the results. Would you mind taking a quick look to see if anything jumps out at you that needs deleting? Click on each to enlarge. Thanks,

highstream, Jan 28, 2017
  10. To be honest, not understanding all of the required and not required files for Java its a bit of guess.

I see all these files in Programdata\microsoft\windows\wer\Report Archive. I looked up and these reports are in machine code so I can't read.

I also see javaRa log files, in pic 2, name javaRa-1-28-2017.log

Have you opened one of those to see what it says.

This got me thinking what about the java install log. It is mentioned in that link I provided. Can you run the install again, find that log and see what is has to say. According to their site it gives through information. Hopefully it will have something meaningful to you ( or us forum members). To get the log you have to kick the install off manually and add some options. Instructions in that link.

Caledon Ken, Jan 29, 2017
  11. Wow.

You notice it detects 8.111. You have to really follow but I wonder now that it has been swept clean it can't delete or even find.

Interesting that it is producing Warnings about not find the home directory, would this be where 8.111 was?

I read you needed java, so much so that you would do a clean install. Yes nuclear option.

12. I'm not sure where Java was before all this started, but I think the Program Files folder. But with JavaRa, it put 8.111 in another drive entirely, the one where I kept some old files from Win 8.1. I emptied that drive, as well as my Win 10 files backup drive, onto a USB stick and haven't hooked them up yet. Before I do so, I wonder how I could get the install pointed in the right direction. A clean install isn't going to happen just for Java, at least not at the moment. Many thanks for looking!

highstream, Jan 29, 2017
  13. Java Installer doesn't run

Okay so then we are back to your comment, the registry. Have you search it for references. The installer must be getting info from it.

Its obvious you know what you are doing so I won't go into all the warnings.

If I were to experiment I would ensure I have a system Image that I can restore. I would have a full copy of the registry and specific instruction on backing up pieces I might change. (Don't want to go nuclear because of a finger slip.)

14. So for all the posts.
    from the log

TRACE: Installed Java detected: version=1.8.0_111; arch=64; productCode={26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F64180111F0}; type=0

Maybe you want to search the product code to see it it is somewhere with Windows or program / programdata folders.

15. Didn't find anything with the product code.

Update: I went hunting for registry entries and deleted the first couple of groups of JRE entires that looked like possible suspects. The good news is doing that restored the installer; the bad news it it still leads to the 1603 error (run as Admin). The problem now is that the instructions for getting around the 1603 error assume an install, which I no longer have.* There must be other likely registry entries to look for. I ended up with four log files from the install attempt, and have submitted a bug report with the contents of one of the files. Thanks for your patient help.

*Error Code 1603: Java Update did not complete.

Update 2: Now that the installer is working, I used the defunct JavaRa program to install 8.111 on the system drive. 8.121 still brings the 1603 error.

highstream, Jan 29, 2017
Thema:

Java Installer doesn't run

1. Java Installer doesn't run - Similar Threads - Java Installer doesn't

2. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  3. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  4. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  5. Java installer doesn't run

Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  6. I installed Java, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I installed Java, but it doesn't seem to be working.: When I play a Blu-Ray disc in Super Media Player, I get an error message saying menus can't be displayed because Java was not found on my system. I installed Java, but the menus still don't work. I don't get the error message anymore, probably because I forgot to untick the...
  7. java setup not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java setup not running: Hi all, so i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and tried to install the windows 10 java. I have downloaded the .jar file, tried to run it, have the setup popped up, but still white. I thought it was my computer that is slow, so i waited, but nothing happened....
  8. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8: I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error. Half a year ago I tried to install...
  9. Java not running on IE

in Browsers and Email
    Java not running on IE: I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java It gives me this error below. Any suggestions? When I go to this page [img] 91521
  10. Java Installer Won't Run

Java Installer Won't Run: Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. java installer wont run