Windows 10: Java Installer doesn't run

Discus and support Java Installer doesn't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well given they know they have a problem you may have to wait it out with 8.111. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Sometimes we just have to wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by highstream, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Java Installer doesn't run

Well given they know they have a problem you may have to wait it out with 8.111.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Sometimes we just have to wait for the coders.

Did you try their two alternate methods?

Caledon Ken, Jan 29, 2017

2. The alternate methods are either/or and neither has worked. Just submitted some logs to Oracle on the bug report showing uninstall method doesn't work.

highstream, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Have you tried this
    File Explorer
    Then C Drive
    Then Programs
    Also Programs x86
    You may find traces of the folder in there
    If there is Right Click it and delete it that should get rid of it
    I have had to do that with my Antivirus I wanted removed
    Also another program I needed removed
    You may have to do it 2-3 times

hTconeM9user, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Java Installer doesn't run

From the OP: "I removed Java from my computer via...and did a bit of additional removal via file manager searching." So the answer is of course I checked the program folders and other places - many times. Oracle support asked me to look too, as well as for other mentions, and the upshot of that is my last post. Please understand that the 1603 error is recognized on the Java site as a known bug and that the alternate methods have not worked for some (many?) people. My hunch is that the culprit is something in the registry, but don't really know. it's in their hands.

highstream, Jan 29, 2017
  5. JagoWU Win User
    What if you logged on as local admin and installed? If an older version of Java is detected then most likely you have a reg key hanging around. Ccleaner should be able to tell you if it is in the "uninstall" key as there are 3 of the "uninstall" keys in the registry.

JagoWU, Jan 31, 2017
  6. In Win 10, isn't the normal account local/admin? In Win 8.1 and earlier they were split. The initial problem in the OP was definitely a registry issue and I found it, or got close enough. Not sure from where I am now that the uninstall entries would solve the 1603 problem, since I did try the current version from scratch. And I'm not sure how you are suggesting to use CCleaner, since I didn't notice a Java entry in its settings when I checked the other day.

highstream, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java Installer doesn't run

1. Java Installer doesn't run - Similar Threads - Java Installer doesn't

2. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  3. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  4. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  5. Java installer doesn't run

Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  6. I installed Java, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I installed Java, but it doesn't seem to be working.: When I play a Blu-Ray disc in Super Media Player, I get an error message saying menus can't be displayed because Java was not found on my system. I installed Java, but the menus still don't work. I don't get the error message anymore, probably because I forgot to untick the...
  7. java setup not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java setup not running: Hi all, so i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and tried to install the windows 10 java. I have downloaded the .jar file, tried to run it, have the setup popped up, but still white. I thought it was my computer that is slow, so i waited, but nothing happened....
  8. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8: I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error. Half a year ago I tried to install...
  9. Java not running on IE

in Browsers and Email
    Java not running on IE: I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java It gives me this error below. Any suggestions? When I go to this page [img] 91521
  10. Java Installer Won't Run

Java Installer Won't Run: Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't...