Windows 10: Java isnt working with JDK and JRE

Discus and support Java isnt working with JDK and JRE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I installed the JDK but some of the .jar programs which used the JRE without any problems stopped working properly. They wouldn't open at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Firecatmon, May 14, 2019.

1. Java isnt working with JDK and JRE

Recently, I installed the JDK but some of the .jar programs which used the JRE without any problems stopped working properly. They wouldn't open at all.

:)

Firecatmon, May 14, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install

Do you need the Development kit(JDK) or the Runtime environment(JRE)?
    java - What is the difference between JDK and JRE? - Stack Overflow

Cliff S, May 14, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Latest version of Java

Just to go a little deeper for ap1978: What is the difference between Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE? - Quora

Cliff S, May 14, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Java isnt working with JDK and JRE

Netbeans 8.2 IDE Problem - Java Debugger stopped working, please help.

I would rather use just about everything else before using Eclipse. Just saying.

NetBeans should have a config to say which version of Java to point to and where the binaries are for things like java and javac. I would make sure that they're actually pointing to the latest version of Java you have installed and make sure it's pointing at the jdk and not the jre. Working just from the jdk alone simplifies things. There really (in my opinion,) is no reason to install both the JDK and JRE when the JDK contains everything the JRE does.

Aquinus, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Java isnt working with JDK and JRE

1. Java isnt working with JDK and JRE - Similar Threads - Java isnt working

2. Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.: I accidentally started C-drive Shredding by File Shredder and then immediately I stopped. But, meanwhile, a few s/w installed files got corrupted. I fix many of the s/w errors by uninstalling them, removing them from Programm FIles & re-installing them.My Java installation...
  3. Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install latest Java jdk-17.0.9_windows-x64_bin.exe.: I accidentally started C-drive Shredding by File Shredder and then immediately I stopped. But, meanwhile, a few s/w installed files got corrupted. I fix many of the s/w errors by uninstalling them, removing them from Programm FIles & re-installing them.My Java installation...
  4. Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17: i Open the file and try to install it but nothing pops up even when i run it as admin and the old versions of Java are Deleted With The Proper Program And Also My System Is 64 Bit Please Help...
  5. Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17

Please Help WIth Java 17 Known as JDK 17: i Open the file and try to install it but nothing pops up even when i run it as admin and the old versions of Java are Deleted With The Proper Program And Also My System Is 64 Bit Please Help...
  6. JRE Setup not working

JRE Setup not working: I need help, So I have been trying to install JRE on my new Windows 10 laptop and every time I click on the setup it gives the prompt and I click Yes and nothing happens, I have tried a ton of possible solutions like running a clean boot, or trying to disable UAC and even...
  7. JRE Setup not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JRE Setup not working: I need help, So I have been trying to install JRE on my new Windows 10 laptop and every time I click on the setup it gives the prompt and I click Yes and nothing happens, I have tried a ton of possible solutions like running a clean boot, or trying to disable UAC and even...
  8. JRE Setup not working

9. The VPN stopped working after installing Java JDK 10.

The VPN stopped working after installing Java JDK 10.: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly" I used...
  10. New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install

New Java jdk-8u112-windows-x64 will not install: I am running Windows 10 build 14942. The latest critical Java update will not install on any of 3 machines. It asks for permission to make changes, and nothing happens. On one (of 3) machines, it says it is protecting me from bad things, I say install anyhow, and after I give...