Windows 10: Java not showing up as a default app.

Discus and support Java not showing up as a default app. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to change my default .Jar opener to java it doesn't appear. I'm certain that I have installed java.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by beefierwings308, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Java not showing up as a default app.

Whenever I try to change my default .Jar opener to java it doesn't appear. I'm certain that I have installed java. Java not showing up as a default app. 849a68d3-be85-43ea-92d5-e4f1b4c90d60?upload=true.png

:)

beefierwings308, Feb 14, 2020
  2. SNM
    SNM Win User

Need system for Android App Development and Other Java Development and DB work

Hello team,

I am looking for a lower to mid range PC which will be used in Development such as Android App development, java, DB and other related task, NO GAMING at all suggest some proper PC.

My Budget is INR 25,000, I have tried multiple build maker website but using core i3 6th ot 7th gen prices are going above 30,000. I dont have much knowledge about AMD, please suggest a build in the price I have given.

A ref: System Builder

3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Java not showing up as a default app. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Java not showing up as a default app.

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Java not showing up as a default app.

1. Java not showing up as a default app. - Similar Threads - Java showing default

2. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  3. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  4. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  5. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  6. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Java not Showing Up as a default option for Jar Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java not Showing Up as a default option for Jar Files: Recently I have needed to download various JAR files. The default app for these is Internet explore for some reason. I have java on my computer, but strangely it doesn't appear in the app defaults for jar files....
  8. TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse

TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse: Problem: My "default app by extension" settings suddenly changed so a bunch of them have been reset to TWINUI. I have no idea how or why this happened, I just suddenly found I got errors when I tried to open a PNG image. The good news is that if I pick an appropriate photo...
  9. Java wont show as a default opening option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java wont show as a default opening option: I have installed Java and a .jar file. Whenever I attempt to open or even if I look at this file its a .txt. I went into default apps then choose by file type and when I got to .jar I clicked the default opening thing and it gave me two options. .txt or look in windows store....
  10. Firefox not showing up in default apps

Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums

Users found this page by searching for:

1. java app not showing upp