Windows 10: JAVA suddenly not responding

Discus and support JAVA suddenly not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not talking about the "not responding" error message. Its not responding at all, whenever i try to open a program that is java based, whether it is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by magezilla, Dec 29, 2020.

1. magezilla Win User

JAVA suddenly not responding

Not talking about the "not responding" error message. Its not responding at all, whenever i try to open a program that is java based, whether it is the app for configuring java or a unifi controller, nothing comes up, no error messages.

I have tried to search the web to find out where the java log files are located at, but cannot find that information either.

My guess the many other programs that are not also opening are atleast partially java based. Mainly MSI motherboard bundle software.

I hope i dont need to reinstall windows for this seemingly utterly minor issue.

:)

magezilla, Dec 29, 2020

2. Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for responding quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply:

• Did you go through the link suggested in the above post?
    • Which part of the steps are you unable to carry out?

The article shared above lists the steps in a user friendly manner. I suggest you to go through the steps from the link above and write to us for with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Internet explorer & java

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What exactly you are trying to do with java/ do you receive any error message related to java, while trying to open Microsoft Edge?

2) Do you receive any error message when trying to open Internet Explorer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Clear caches and cookies of Internet Explorer.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Shift + ctrl + Delete key on your keyboard.

• Mark check on cache and cookies and click on Delete button.
    Step 2: Run Printer troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Printer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 29, 2020
  4. JAVA suddenly not responding

Java Platform SE binary is not responding

Hi Pete. Welcome to the TenForums @WhyMyMacJust

Three things I saw on Web.

Update video drivers. How this is connected I did not research. Of course with all driver update it is good to have restore point and a copy of existing driver. Your card isn't being supported going forward by AMD has released some drivers.

Next was to clear Java cache. Control Panel, Programs, click on Java. On general tab there is a "Settings" button, click, then click Delete Files.

Last this was to run in Compatibility mode. Right click exe, Properties, Compatibility Tab, set to Windows 8. At bottom of page there is an option "Change for all Users", set there as well.

Additionally there is this Minecraft forum and it is full of this error.

Java Platform Se binary is not responding - Search - Minecraft Forum

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

JAVA suddenly not responding

1. JAVA suddenly not responding - Similar Threads - JAVA suddenly responding

2. Minecraft java edition not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java edition not responding: Hey so i just bought java edition today and went to the launcher and everything, Im on the newest version but everytime i try and open minecraft it doesnt respond and it wont let me play. Ive been wanting to play java for a really long time so some help would be appreciated:...
  3. Zoom suddenly stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom suddenly stops responding: I am using a lot more Zoom lately, but there is a very annoying problem that keeps repeating. When I am in a meeting Zoom suddenly stops responding. I can hear the audio, but I cant click anywhere or see the screenshare, cameras. Zoom support is practically non existing for...
  4. Minecraft Java Platform SE Binary not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Platform SE Binary not responding: Hey guys. I am pretty tech-savvy and have tried all of the common fixes for this problem, but the problem still persists. It has been happening for a couple months now and I am completely unsure of how I am supposed to play now. Thank-you :...
  5. Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Is Not Responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Is Not Responding.: i cant run certain versions of mine craft like 1.12.2 or anything with the new launcher but if i use the older versions it works. the new launcher gives me an option to look at my crash report but never opens. then it says Jvav(TM) Platform binary is not responding. just...
  6. Minecraft 1.13.2 (Not Responding) Java (TM) Platform SE binary is not responding...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Minecraft 1.13.2 (Not Responding) Java (TM) Platform SE binary is not responding...: I've spent more than 3 hours trying to fix this problem and looked at over 20 youtube videos. I have updated my video driver to Java's suggested, Nvidia version 378.57, and the fully updated version, 419.17. I've bought Windows 10 edition but wanted to play with friends on...
  7. Minecraft 1.13.2 (Not Responding) Java (TM) Platform SE binary is not responding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft 1.13.2 (Not Responding) Java (TM) Platform SE binary is not responding...: Windows 10 I've spent more than 3 hours trying to fix this problem and looked at over 20 youtube videos. I have updated my video driver to Java's suggested, Nvidia version 378.57, and the fully updated version, 419.17. I've bought Windows 10 edition but wanted to play with...
  8. Audio Services not responding all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Services not responding all of a sudden: Woke up two days ago to not having the capability to watch youTube videos. Thought it was a YouTube issue until I attempted to play an mp3 file only to find out that it didn't playback and sent me an error message. Troubleshot my audio and tried to test the sound, but my...
  9. Audio Services not responding all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Services not responding all of a sudden: Woke up two days ago to not having the capability to watch youTube videos. Thought it was a YouTube issue until I attempted to play an mp3 file only to find out that it didn't playback and sent me an error message. Troubleshot my audio and tried to test the sound, but my...
  10. Java Platform SE binary is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Platform SE binary is not responding: Hi everyone, please be gentle with me as this is my first post and I presently know next to nothing about Java or Win10! I am trying to get my son's gaming console, which I just bought him used, to play Minecraft. Here are the facts: • Win10 system • I have updated Win10...