Windows 10: Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner...

Discus and support Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, We are facing issue with our desktop Application. In our application we have a .net container panel (a parent panel) and then we have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ravi Prakash Dixit, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner...

Hi All,

We are facing issue with our desktop Application.

In our application we have a .net container panel (a parent panel) and then we have a child panel which is developed in Java Swing. This child panel is rendered on that parent panel ( i.e .net container window), sometimes this panel is not rendered in its correct position which is expected to inside the parent panel but sometimes it is rendered as an independent panel and pops out to Top Left corner of the screen.

We are facing this issue only on windows 10, it always works fine and rendered correctly on windows 7.

This issue happens once out of 5 times and the flow application never breaks(i.e. we can save the work which we are currently doing).

The desktop Application which we are using is on JAVA 6.

We tried to upgrade and downgrade the JRE respectively to 6,7 & 8 but still the issue is reproducible.

It is not possible currently for us to migrate the whole desktop application to Java 8 or higher version.

can someone please suggest and help us with the issue.

:)

Ravi Prakash Dixit, Dec 11, 2018

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 11, 2018
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner...

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner...

1. Java Swing panel rendered on a .Net container panel sometimes pops out to top left corner... - Similar Threads - Java Swing panel

2. Japanese IME pop up in Top Left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME pop up in Top Left corner of the screen: First of all: I know there's already a thread about it, but with no answer not amazed and locked. I'm in hopes that, since 2018, someone was able to come up with a solution.Basically, the normal behavior when typing in japanese is to show the predictive pop up bellow the...
  3. Japanese IME pop up in Top Left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME pop up in Top Left corner of the screen: First of all: I know there's already a thread about it, but with no answer not amazed and locked. I'm in hopes that, since 2018, someone was able to come up with a solution.Basically, the normal behavior when typing in japanese is to show the predictive pop up bellow the...
  4. Explorer Left Panel not Stable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Left Panel not Stable: When I am navigating folders in Windows Explorer, the left panel keeps jumping to the first folder after all the folders under Documents. Note that the folder 'Sizer' is nowhere to be seen in the left panel....
  5. Explorer Left Panel not Stable

Explorer Left Panel not Stable: When I am navigating folders in Windows Explorer, the left panel keeps jumping to the first folder after all the folders under Documents. Note that the folder 'Sizer' is nowhere to be seen in the left panel....
  6. Java not opening in Control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java not opening in Control panel: Java is not opening in Control panel since long. I tried all the procedures mentioned in this forum. but still not able to open it. Because of this, all application associated with it are also not working.Mine is windows 11, 64 bit operating system?Any early help will be...
  7. Java not opening in Control panel

Java not opening in Control panel: Java is not opening in Control panel since long. I tried all the procedures mentioned in this forum. but still not able to open it. Because of this, all application associated with it are also not working.Mine is windows 11, 64 bit operating system?Any early help will be...
  8. No response on top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    No response on top left corner: Hello, I have a problem with top left corner of the screen. I can put I mouse there, but when I click nothing happens... It is a small area. Please send me an advice how to solve the problem. It started happening two days ago. Thank you...
  9. Chrome notification pop out panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome notification pop out panel: Windows10 just did a big update. In Chrome, On the taskbar there is and was a box. When you click it, a screen message pops out. Since the update, when you click on it, I get all sorts of notifications(ads). Is there someplace to filter out what you don't want there?...
  10. Pop-up windows do not align with the top left corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-up windows do not align with the top left corner: Hi, I've just noticed a feature which I don't think was present on Windows 7, but is on Windows 10. When a pop-up window is opened by an application the window is not aligned with the top left corner of the screen, it is slightly padded to the right. This seems to...