Windows 10: Java Update Notification

Discus and support Java Update Notification in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and Chrome browser. For about a week my computer has been playing this trick on me: While I am using the browser, I get a pop-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertSmithXE, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Java Update Notification

I have Windows 10 and Chrome browser. For about a week my computer has been playing this trick on me: While I am using the browser, I get a pop-up window of sorts that says a Java update is available. It says to "click here to continue". I don't understand why this update is not simply installed instead of interrupting my work with the computer so I can work on the computer, but I "click" there "to continue" and get rid of this problem. The message disappears. There is no continuing. Nothing gets done; it is just wasted time. The area where the notice was says "No new notifications". This happens a few times a day, probably every time I wake the computer from sleep mode. How do I fix this problem? Snipping tool would not capture the image of the notice, so I just took a picture of the screen. Java Update Notification f6be4149-b618-45f5-9916-a97af7853611?upload=true.jpg

:)

RobertSmithXE, Oct 23, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 23, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Oct 23, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Java Update Notification

Java auto update problem

I do not have Java installed in my computer.
    I googled this one for you. Hope it helps a little.

The following is an excerpt from Java own publication :
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Change Automatic Update Settings
    1. Find and launch the Java Control Panel
    2. Click the Update tab to access the settings.
    3. To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
      To disable Java Update, deselect the Check for Updates Automatically check box.

Java Update Notification jcp-autocheck.jpg

davidhk, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Java Update Notification

1. Java Update Notification - Similar Threads - Java Update Notification

2. How to disable Java Update notification on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Java Update notification on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Whenever a Java Update is available, it notifies you. For a lot of users, the notification pops up every time they open their system and is annoying. That’s why we are going to see how to disable Java Update notification on a Windows computer, should you want to. What...
  3. Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available: In Windows 10, and now in Windows 11, I occassionally get a notification that there is a Java update available. For any other software on my laptop, if I get this type of notification, I click that message and the installation of the update begins. But, with Java, I click the...
  4. Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Java not update when I click the notification that an update is available: In Windows 10, and now in Windows 11, I occassionally get a notification that there is a Java update available. For any other software on my laptop, if I get this type of notification, I click that message and the installation of the update begins. But, with Java, I click the...
  5. Java updates?

Java updates?: I got a notification on my system at boot up this morning wanting me to install a java update. IIRC, in Win 7 it was suggested that java should not be run at all. Is java on Win 10 safe and should I allow updates to Java? 148758
  6. Java update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java update: Do I need a javascript update for Windows 10? I use Firefox for my browser. Lately, when I click on a link, it has started copying the link instead of opening it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/95faa049-eebf-4058-a7a7-62a23c04212b
  7. updating Java

updating Java: I got a message that I had to update the Java. When I went to update I got two messages. One was from Norton saying that it was a threat and the other was that Windows Edge does not support plug-ins. So do I need Java? What do I do next. Thank you BA Crowley...
  8. JAVA update

JAVA update: So I juste updated Java, last time was in 2016 because I don't like updates and for a reason. I had trouble viewing a presentation on a online course via adobe connect (which uses flash player and I thought Java update could help) and now I lost about 400gb of installed apps...
  9. Java update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java update: If I don't use Internet Explorer as a browser, do I need to update to the java update, I have a notification in my Action Center. Vishnu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/java-update/4e85589e-9f85-45f2-8ddc-b2213b8a4978
  10. Java update?

Java update?: Just got a popup saying java has an update, version 8 update 91. Is there an update or is it fake? And this is the main site right?: java.com: Java + You 47820