Windows 10: Java won't download

Discus and support Java won't download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep trying to install it but no matter what nothing happens. I've tried restarting and turning my computer off and on but it doesn't fix anything. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TroyHarwell, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Java won't download

I keep trying to install it but no matter what nothing happens. I've tried restarting and turning my computer off and on but it doesn't fix anything. I haven't had this problem with any other computers i've had and i don't understand why it won't work.

:)

TroyHarwell, Aug 1, 2020

2. Java 8, IE 11.11, Windows 10 - Java won't verify. Java control panel won't open.

Hi,

Have you downloaded the latest Java version? Let's try to eliminate software conflicts by performing a clean boot. We suggest that you try accessing Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment and see if it makes any difference. If you are able to access
    Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment, the issue might be caused by application or service interferences. You may refer to this

Microsoft article
    for more information. Follow the steps provided in the article on how to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

We also suggest that you start your PC in safe mode with networking, then try to verify Java in Internet Explorer. To start your PC is safe mode with networking, follow these steps:

• Click on the Start button, then select Settings .
    • Select Update & security > Recovery .
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Latest version of Java

Just to go a little deeper for ap1978: What is the difference between Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE? - Quora

Cliff S, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Java won't download

Downloading Java

The java download still won't start.

PahllRobbins, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Java won't download

1. Java won't download - Similar Threads - Java won't download

2. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  3. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  4. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  6. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  7. Cannot download Java

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download Java: I am using Windows 10 Home on a brand new Lenovo computer. Why won't it complete the download. It just hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-java/041d4f27-937c-4d75-95a3-f51ac9d32bba"
  8. Java not downloading properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java not downloading properly: So I have spent a good 24-48 hours trying extremely hard to install Java, so I can get a Minecraft modification called Optifine which increases FPS rates. Every single video I have watched people installing optifine say I need Java and I have installed it over and Over and...
  9. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...
  10. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can t Download Java App