Windows 10: Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

Discus and support Java won't open a .Jar file, please help! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have a file that is a .Jar and for some reason Adobe is set as the default application to open it. When I go to change the default the only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ProHyperScout, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

So I have a file that is a .Jar and for some reason Adobe is set as the default application to open it. When I go to change the default the only thing that shows up is adobe or The Microsoft store. I have just recently updated to Java to 1.8 and it still won't show up in the default app picker. Please help!

:)

ProHyperScout, Feb 26, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

.java to .jar file

As a side note to Easy Rhinos comment, you can only jar .class files, meaning that you need to compile all the .java files and them jar the .class files resulting from the compilation. Example:
    Code: javac Test.java jar cf Teste.jar Test.class[/quote]

temp02, Feb 26, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    .java to .jar file

Hi guys!
    I have a problem i think i dont know how to do this little thing
    I have searched around the web, but i cant find anyone to explain it how to
    and where to put this code down here in order for the compilator to convert it
    from .java to a .jar file so the program or games i do in neatbeans can be executed in
    my mobile phone!
    Anyone can help??? The code is this one:
    jar cf jar-file input-file(s)

GSquadron, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

.java to .jar file

if you know the manual then you know you dont put the code in the program, you convert all of your java class files into a jar file using their compiler.

Easy Rhino, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Java won't open a .Jar file, please help!

1. Java won't open a .Jar file, please help! - Similar Threads - Java won't open

2. Can't open .jar files using Java 17, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open .jar files using Java 17, please help!: When I try to open .jar files using java 17 the file doesn't open. I tried reinstalling Java 17, and it still didn't work. When I clicked open with>choose another app>more apps>look for another app on this PC>Java folder>jdk-17.0.4>bin. There I found two different java files...
  3. Can't open .jar files using Java 17, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .jar files using Java 17, please help!: When I try to open .jar files using java 17 the file doesn't open. I tried reinstalling Java 17, and it still didn't work. When I clicked open with>choose another app>more apps>look for another app on this PC>Java folder>jdk-17.0.4>bin. There I found two different java files...
  4. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  5. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  6. Java / Jar files / "open with"

7. java doesnt want to open .jar files

java doesnt want to open .jar files: yea i know that you need to select the java binary platform in open with. but when i do that and try to open the .jar file it instantly closes it again and doesnt do anything. i have tried to reinstall it and all kinds of other stuff...
  8. Java won't work when I try and open jar files with it

Java won't work when I try and open jar files with it: I just got Java SE binary and this message keeps pooping up when ever I try and open a jar file:[ATTACH] I've already installed Java and had the installation complete, what do I do?...
  9. I want to open a JAR file with java

I want to open a JAR file with java: I want to open up a JAR file through java, I open up the file, right-click on it, press open with and scroll through but cannot find java anywhere, even though I have it installed. in this case, I want to download Optifine for Minecraft 1.14.4. I've been trying to figure this...
  10. Jar files won't open.

Jar files won't open.: I cannot for the life of me get ANY executable jar file to run, it opens, flashes, and closes if anything. I have tried updating and making sure I have the correct version of java. (Im currently running windows 10 64bit). I have tried going into the command prompt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. java wont open

2. java wont open jar file

3. open jar file java

4. jar file wont open with java,
  5. my java files wont open,
  6. .jar files wont open with java,
  7. i have java downloaded but . jar files wont open with it,
  8. java wont launch,
  9. cant open java,
  10. jar file wont run asking me to sve,
  11. java apps wont open,