Windows 10: java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS

Discus and support java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; steps 1. I login to TFMS website 2. I go to link that contains a report and I click on it to open 3. running security scan box opens followed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ronald Taylor (rtaylor), Jun 13, 2019.

1. java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS

steps

1. I login to TFMS website

2. I go to link that contains a report and I click on it to open

3. running security scan box opens followed by java box that closes after 1 second and nothing opens

4. the first attempt it wants to download file labeled frmservlet.jnlp

jnlp files are already set to associate with java web viewer

website is in java exception list

JNLP/MIME association is set to always allow

ive also tried uninstalling 64 bit java

So far nothing works any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem started when we were forced to upgrade to Java version 8 upgrade 211

:)

Ronald Taylor (rtaylor), Jun 13, 2019
  2. upgraded Win User

Win 10/IE 11 Java chat box does not scroll up/down with the web page

I log into an internet chat website and the chat room window is apparently run by Java. Using an older laptop running Win 8.0/IE 8 the chat window would move up and down as the web page was scrolled up and down, staying in the same relative position to the webpage text.

On a new laptop with Win 10 I have IE 11 and have installed Java, all latest OS, IE 11 and Java updates applied. In this config when that web page is scrolled up and down, the chat room window does not move, stays static on the display (still displays new messages). As the webpage is scrolled up/down the webpage text overlays/overwrites the Java chat box.

It appears the Java chat window is detached from the surrounding webpage.

The older laptop with Win8.0/IE 8 was with Win 8.1, IE 11 and Java updates. It then began exhibiting the same issue.

I have tried adding the webpage to the IE 11 compatibility view list but still have the same problem.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

upgraded, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS

Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS

1. java wont open new webpage containing report in IE 11 on windows 10 OS - Similar Threads - java wont open

2. java sdk wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    java sdk wont open: When I open java it shows a black window wich instantly crashes and then nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-sdk-wont-open/6d499073-88bb-4998-bb6f-2e4baf9f89d7
  3. java sdk wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    java sdk wont open: When I open java it shows a black window wich instantly crashes and then nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-sdk-wont-open/6d499073-88bb-4998-bb6f-2e4baf9f89d7
  4. Java Installer Wont Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Installer Wont Open: My friend and I are trying to play Minecraft. He had Minecraft before and recently upgraded to Windows 11. Now when he tries to open Minecraft he's getting error 1. He doesn't have Java installed. When he tried to install java 8 x64bit, it asked for permission he clicked yes...
  5. Java Installer Wont Open

Java Installer Wont Open: My friend and I are trying to play Minecraft. He had Minecraft before and recently upgraded to Windows 11. Now when he tries to open Minecraft he's getting error 1. He doesn't have Java installed. When he tried to install java 8 x64bit, it asked for permission he clicked yes...
  6. Microsoft apps wont open in new OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps wont open in new OS: I just installed MS on an hp computer and my apps wont open. Can someone plz help me out?????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-wont-open-in-new-os/51bc6140-07ae-48c5-9cf2-0d0e4e5c7146
  7. Microsoft apps wont open in new OS

Microsoft apps wont open in new OS: I just installed MS on an hp computer and my apps wont open. Can someone plz help me out?????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-wont-open-in-new-os/51bc6140-07ae-48c5-9cf2-0d0e4e5c7146
  8. Microsoft apps wont open in new OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. IE wont open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE wont open in Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 wont open in windows 10. It tries and then disappears after a few seconds. I have tried everything to no avail. It just started doing it in the last couple of days 7/25/18. Thanks, Mike...
  10. IE won't connect to this webpage

in Browsers and Email
    IE won't connect to this webpage: IE won't connect to this webpage despite having the things it says to enable are enabled as far as I know. Does anyone know why I can't connect? https://s26.postimg.org/wdgcf5uex/IE...splay_page.png https://postimg.org/image/asb9rjxo5/ 70159