Windows 10: Java

Discus and support Java in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Got a Java update yesterday and when attempting to us IE 11 the window flashed, glitched, and would not stabilize. So, I uninstalled Java entirely and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dustymars, Jan 21, 2018.

1. dustymars Win User

Java

Got a Java update yesterday and when attempting to us IE 11 the window flashed, glitched, and would not stabilize. So, I uninstalled Java entirely and now all is well again. What is with Java?

:)

dustymars, Jan 21, 2018
  2. JohnKH Win User

Installing java on a windows phone?

I wanna know about Windows phones. Is it possible to install and run Java? For example: A game requires to install java because the game runs on Java. Can i run Java on Internet Explorer after installation of Java?

JohnKH, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Tesla3D Win User
    Windows 10: Java 7 will not uninstall - Java 7 not showing up on Settings - causes any browser to fail Java calls

Note: Solved below

Microsoft needs a well-defined process to delete all Java on Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) so that the latest Java can be installed.

Several State Licensing and Regulatory Affairs sites post documents to view on-line that require the latest version of Java.

Example: CORPS Redirect

Put in a company name - search to find a list of documents filed

The site fails to display the document.

Problem: Java tool identifies an old Java 7 installed and attempts to uninstall it. The Java tool errors when trying to uninstall the Java 7.

Because of Java 7, the Java 8 can not be updated either.

The Java HELP for the Java 7 uninstall error displays the steps to manually un-install Java from the Windows 10 Settings.

However, Microsoft Settings fails to even show a Java 7. The Microsoft Settings do show the old version of Java 8, but Microsoft can not manually uninstall the old version of Java 8.

This is a huge problem.

Java 7 opens up the possibility of Ransomeware or other threats.

Turning off Windows Defender when attempting to uninstall Java 7 didn't help.

The Windows Help at some points recommend Windows Store - not helpful at all.

The preference would be to completely remove all Java references at every level, then reboot and then reinstall the latest Java version.

Where can we find those procedures?

Tesla3D, Jan 21, 2018
  4. MrHudson Win User

Java

JAVA is similar to Flash Player. there use to games that use it. POGO.com used JAVA on their games but quit due to hackers using a black hole to access peoples PC..
    My opinion, flash player is only good for movies, not game animation.. Games on Facebook, most use flash player and start having issues as ou get higher in game levels.

MrHudson, Jan 22, 2018
  5. dustymars Win User
    Thanks. I take it by uninstalling it I done good? *Smile

dustymars, Jan 22, 2018
  6. MrHudson Win User
    If you ever decide to reinstall it, open your browser add on and extention and disable the java helper.. the helper seems to have issues..
    I have java and Microsoft silverlite installed. just incase I need them..

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java

1. Java - Similar Threads - Java

2. Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out even after changing privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out even after changing privacy settings: Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out on my son’s account. I’ve changed all the privacy settings, reinstalled the launcher and it’s still grayed out. What else do I need to do?...
  3. Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out even after changing privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out even after changing privacy settings: Minecraft Java multiplayer is grayed out on my son’s account. I’ve changed all the privacy settings, reinstalled the launcher and it’s still grayed out. What else do I need to do?...
  4. Complete and Progressive System Freeze for Windows 11 when playing Minecraft: Java Edition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete and Progressive System Freeze for Windows 11 when playing Minecraft: Java Edition...: Hello, I am posting this because I have recently encountered system freeze issues while playing the latest version of Minecraft Java on my friend's LAN world through Hamachi. Whenever I play said version, I can use the game for around 20-30 minutes before my computer...
  5. Complete and Progressive System Freeze for Windows 11 when playing Minecraft: Java Edition...

Complete and Progressive System Freeze for Windows 11 when playing Minecraft: Java Edition...: Hello, I am posting this because I have recently encountered system freeze issues while playing the latest version of Minecraft Java on my friend's LAN world through Hamachi. Whenever I play said version, I can use the game for around 20-30 minutes before my computer...
  6. Why can't I play the game Minecraft Java Edition I had already bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I play the game Minecraft Java Edition I had already bought?: So I had minecraft java edition since 2021, if I'm not mistaken. Recently, my computer had to be fully restaured and when I tred to reinstall the game, once I opened the launcher, it showed up saying "buy now". As I've stated, I had already bought the game a few years ago and...
  7. Why can't I play the game Minecraft Java Edition I had already bought?

Why can't I play the game Minecraft Java Edition I had already bought?: So I had minecraft java edition since 2021, if I'm not mistaken. Recently, my computer had to be fully restaured and when I tred to reinstall the game, once I opened the launcher, it showed up saying "buy now". As I've stated, I had already bought the game a few years ago and...
  8. Minecraft Java Setting capes I do not own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Setting capes I do not own.: If I were to set the cape of my player to, lets say a translator cape, if I do not own the translator cape, it will only show on that server and that server alone, would my server be at risk of getting blacklisted? Or would the user that has the fake cape be at risk of ban?...
  9. Minecraft Java Setting capes I do not own.

Minecraft Java Setting capes I do not own.: If I were to set the cape of my player to, lets say a translator cape, if I do not own the translator cape, it will only show on that server and that server alone, would my server be at risk of getting blacklisted? Or would the user that has the fake cape be at risk of ban?...
  10. Minecraft didnt get java

Minecraft didnt get java: i bought minecraft java from 30 euros it was also taken from my account but i did not get it it says i have to buy it again i would like to hear back from you guys as soon as possible...