Windows 10: Javascript error on start up

Discus and support Javascript error on start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do hope you can help me. I lent my husband my new office laptop and he played games on it through Steam. I have my laptop back now because he has his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sylvia simpson, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Javascript error on start up

I do hope you can help me. I lent my husband my new office laptop and he played games on it through Steam. I have my laptop back now because he has his own but on the start-up, before I open anything, I have a JavaScript error message pop up. I can't do anything with it other than say 'OK'. I have tried all sorts to try and get rid of it and I just can't get it to go away. It says something about Discord, and I uninstalled that, because it was something to do with my husbands gaming! Anyway, the message is below and I would be ever so grateful if someone could help me:

'A Javascript error occurred in the main process'

uncaught exception

Error cannot find module C:\users\sylvia

laptopAppData\local\Discord\app-0.0.306\resources\build_info.json'

require stack:

The list goes on - it is a long message. Unfortunately I cannot post a picture of the error message on here, which is a shame.

Thanks in advance.

:)

sylvia simpson, Sep 14, 2020

2. Enabling JavaScript in Windows

Hi Monica,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Many Internet Web sites contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on the web browser to make specific features on the web page functional. If JavaScript has been disabled within your browser, the content or the functionality of
    the web page can be limited or unavailable. In order to guide you in right direction, we would need some more information.

1. Do you face this issue with all the browsers or particular browser?
    2. Is the issue specific to particular website?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer
    How to enable JavaScript in Windows
    and try enabling JavaScript in Windows and check.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Sep 14, 2020
  3. LynnSales Win User
    javascript error message pops up on start up

javascript error message pops up on start up

LynnSales, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Javascript error on start up

Javascript

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to restrict a JavaScript calendar. The calendar will be implemented into a booking system, but I don't want the users to be able to select the dates which land on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Wozzer, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Javascript error on start up

1. Javascript error on start up - Similar Threads - Javascript error start

2. Javascript error in Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Javascript error in Boot sequence: My PC hangs up during booting and the following window displays:What should i do?Thanks for any help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error-in-boot-sequence/d8adc048-6184-4dbc-aa3f-23cdba6d72d4
  3. JavaScript error

in Windows 10 Customization
    JavaScript error: [ATTACH] I wanted to use the program called senpai.gg, but when I open the application, I get this error. I couldn't find any solution. What should I do? Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/434ad75d-2598-44ed-b3e1-75e7f163ebf0
  4. javascript error

javascript error: Starting yesterday every time I start up the PC I get this and I dont know how to fix.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/17049def-353d-49cf-8ad2-ae753af16954
  5. Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error: I recently uninstalled Discord - well, tried to - and keep on running into a persistent Javascript error message. I have so far tried deleting all of the local files related to Discord, using the uninstall button, and a few other such methods but always run into the same...
  6. JavaScript error

JavaScript error: Hi, I get the following error... A JavaScript error occurred in the main process. Please help. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/af8f477e-7e39-4e8d-b223-90ba9458973e
  7. javascript error message pops up on start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    javascript error message pops up on start up: javascript error message pops up on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error-message-pops-up-on-start-up/ee596eb4-6a44-4f53-a6cf-176b774a351a
  8. discord javascript error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    discord javascript error: I have deleted discord in the middle of a update and now cant reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-javascript-error/7a54edf3-f1c9-40a6-b065-a596ff81abb4
  9. Javascript error in the main process?

Javascript error in the main process?: I have been using splice normally, but as of yesterday I am unable to open it at all, it just gives me the error as shown. I have tried deleting all files related to splice in the appdata folders, and temp, did not do anything. My computer has been doing a similar thing to...
  10. there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml

in Windows 10 Support
    there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml: Hello, I just got my free upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 and I cannot access the personalization screen to change or access my my screen saver password. I get this all the time now: there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml The parameter is incorrect. Any...