Windows 10: JBOD connection to Windows 10

Discus and support JBOD connection to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an iSTAR JBOD J355 fitted with 5 Nos. 6TB drives and have used a eSATA Port Multiplier 1:5 Device Adapter ZAGE-D-5SAES-PM board for connectivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by malayilhme, Mar 1, 2021.

1. JBOD connection to Windows 10

I have an iSTAR JBOD J355 fitted with 5 Nos. 6TB drives and have used a eSATA Port Multiplier 1:5 Device Adapter ZAGE-D-5SAES-PM board for connectivity to my Dell Optiplex 7060 PC. I have installed a StarTech 2 Port PCI Express SATA 6 GBps controller card PEXESAT3221 on the PC and have connected both the units using a eSATA cable.

The PCI Express card is installed properly and I was under the impression that the JBOD would be recognized as a large external USB drive. Could somebody please help me in configuring the JBOD to work with the PC?

:)

malayilhme, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

JBOD connection to Windows 10

Delta6326, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

JBOD connection to Windows 10

1. JBOD connection to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - JBOD connection

2. VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think: I was going to put this topic in accessories, but I think the technical side relates more to video processing: I'll get right to the point because I'm getting a ton of different contrasting answers searching the net. I'm using an MSI Z87-G45 GAMING board. I want to buy the...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  5. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  6. JBOD Windows 10 questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBOD Windows 10 questions: How come we don't hear about JBOD with Windows? Does Windows support JBOD well? I have a bunch of unused drives sitting in my closet. They are different sizes, some 2 TB, 4 TB, some 6 TB, so I really can't build up a RAID array. So I was wondering about JBOD, as a way to use...
  7. is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD: Good Day, Q.1 if i use Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, and one of the 4 drives fails the others will still be readable/accessible ? Q.2 in Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, when one of the drives fails can i replace it without broken the JBOD mode ? Q.3 Can i simply remove the...
  8. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3): I have 2 3.5 drives I would like to put it in an enclosure. I became aware of this enclosure from an earlier post. I would like that enclosure to be both Window 10 and Ubuntu friendly. I think this one is? Please correct me if I am wrong. The JBOD Mode or lack of built in...
  9. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

in Windows 10 Support
    HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3): I have 2 3.5 drives I would like to put it in an enclosure. I became aware of this enclosure from an earlier post. I would like that enclosure to be both Window 10 and Ubuntu friendly. I think this one is? Please correct me if I am wrong. The JBOD Mode or lack of built in...
  10. Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware): Hi there Was wondering if RAID 0 (hardware) was faster than JBOD (just a Bunch of Disks). - Some of these 2 / 4 bay HDD devices have hardware RAID / JBOD / Individual HDD settings. Note RAID 0 (speed) --not interested in RAID 1 / 10 which these boxes do --I've enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect jbod to pc