Windows 10: Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1

Discus and support Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Have had this game forever, but after a Windows 10 update game won't open. Downloaded it again and got message my video card is too old or it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shari860, May 28, 2019.

1. Shari860 Win User

Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1

Have had this game forever, but after a Windows 10 update game won't open. Downloaded it again and got message my video card is too old or it is not DirectX 8.1. Please help. I love this game!

:)

Shari860, May 28, 2019

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, May 28, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 28, 2019
  4. Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1

Windows Store prompts directx11 to launch game

Hi Sam,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Where you trying to install any game from Store when you receive the above prompt?

2. If yes, can you state the game that you tried to run?

3. If no, can you state what was the task you tried to perform that prompted the above error?

4. Can you send us the screenshot of the window which contains the above error?

For now, I suggest that you check the DirectX Version installed on your system. Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

I also suggest you to try and run DirectX Diagnostic Tool and also try other steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

Note:
    DirectX is a suite of technologies used by many multimedia apps in Windows. If you're having problems getting a game or movie to play properly, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool can help you find the problem.

Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/diagnosing-basic-problems-with-directx

Hope the above helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1

1. Jewel of Atlantis game error message - need DirectX 8.1 - Similar Threads - Jewel Atlantis game

2. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  3. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  4. Restarting "Jewels of.." games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting "Jewels of.." games: Could someone please tell me how to completely restart Jewels of.. games. I mean right from the beginning. Have uninstalled and reinstalled all three that I play, however, they continue from where they were last played. Thanks...
  5. Restarting "Jewels of.." games

Restarting "Jewels of.." games: Could someone please tell me how to completely restart Jewels of.. games. I mean right from the beginning. Have uninstalled and reinstalled all three that I play, however, they continue from where they were last played. Thanks...
  6. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  7. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  8. PC game JEWEL MATCH TWILIGHT series ( 1, 2 and 3 )

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC game JEWEL MATCH TWILIGHT series ( 1, 2 and 3 ): Good morning, would like to know if the mentioned series of PC games are compatible with Windows 10 O.S. or how to configure them to make them compatible...as many sellers online say they're but I had troubles to make them work without any success. so want to know how to...
  9. need help on directx error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help on directx error: am receiving an error when ever i try to open Need For Speed Rivals https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-on-directx-error/17b92696-26e4-40b6-b1c7-5fa8a5e660f8
  10. Directx error: 327684:1 recievied when installing Origin games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx error: 327684:1 recievied when installing Origin games.: My motherboard died, on replacing that, I found that my 'game' hard drive had also died. I had to reinstall ALL of my games. I can download Origin games, but when i try to install them I recieve the Directx error 327684:1. This only occurs with Origin, not Uplay or Steam. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jewel of atlantis windows 10