Windows 10: Jfif filetype

Discus and support Jfif filetype in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cinifica, Apr 11, 2021.

1. cinifica Win User

Jfif filetype

I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge problem when files are saved to different folders and I can't track when the change starts. What are the tells that will cause this to happen? It happens even without windows updates as far as I know. I have the temporary registry fix for it but it would be great to know when and why it decides to do something so unhelpful on it's own.

:)

cinifica, Apr 11, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

windows 7 - Find folders NOT containing a particular filemask - Software Recommendations Stack Exchange
    You can use the shareware XYplorer, which has a 30-day trial period. In version 14.80, it introduced the feature that you want: Find Containing Folders. Now you can list all folders containing a certain file or file type, files of a certain size or age, or with certain other properties. You can as well list all folders NOT containing such files.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

Quicksearch - example with switch.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

(You can just see the switch on the bottom - sorry, clipped the text)

dalchina, Apr 11, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Jfif filetype

Win 10 Home Remove filetype program associations

There are several filetypes which I do NOT want associated with ANY specific application. How do I do this? I have read several items which proport to explain how to do this but none of them are accurate so a detailed step-by-step example would be useful.
    E.G., remove Photoshop from association with .jpg, .jpeg, and .tif filetypes and not replace it with anything.

King Lears, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Jfif filetype

1. Jfif filetype - Similar Threads - Jfif filetype

2. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  3. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  4. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. most of my images are jfifs

most of my images are jfifs: hellomost of my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  6. most of my images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    most of my images are jfifs: hellomost of my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  7. most of my images are jfifs

8. images are jfifs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  9. images are jfifs

images are jfifs: helloall my images are jfifs and all images i download are saved as jfifsive read that the solution has something to do with messing registry keys, which apparently is a sensitive thing to do and might mess up my computer, and so that's something im reeeally not looking...
  10. images are jfifs