Windows 10: Jfif filetype

Discus and support Jfif filetype in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cinifica, Apr 11, 2021.

1. cinifica Win User

Jfif filetype

I've dealt with this several times over the years where windows randomly decides to save all images that would have been jpeg as jfif which is a huge problem when files are saved to different folders and I can't track when the change starts. What are the tells that will cause this to happen? It happens even without windows updates as far as I know. I have the temporary registry fix for it but it would be great to know when and why it decides to do something so unhelpful on it's own.

:)

cinifica, Apr 11, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

windows 7 - Find folders NOT containing a particular filemask - Software Recommendations Stack Exchange
    You can use the shareware XYplorer, which has a 30-day trial period. In version 14.80, it introduced the feature that you want: Find Containing Folders. Now you can list all folders containing a certain file or file type, files of a certain size or age, or with certain other properties. You can as well list all folders NOT containing such files.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

Quicksearch - example with switch.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

(You can just see the switch on the bottom - sorry, clipped the text)

dalchina, Apr 11, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

Jfif filetype [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Jfif filetype

Win 10 Home Remove filetype program associations

There are several filetypes which I do NOT want associated with ANY specific application. How do I do this? I have read several items which proport to explain how to do this but none of them are accurate so a detailed step-by-step example would be useful.
    E.G., remove Photoshop from association with .jpg, .jpeg, and .tif filetypes and not replace it with anything.

King Lears, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Jfif filetype

1. Jfif filetype - Similar Threads - Jfif filetype

2. Set default program without changing filetype icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set default program without changing filetype icon: Does anyone know a method to set a default app (e.g., make PDF open with Sumatra PDF) while still retaining the custom .ico I have set for that file extension? I am using IconPackager, but have also tried using FileTypesMan. The filetype still shows the defaults app icon even...
  3. can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option: I am trying to save a pic I emailed to myself from my Note 10 to my HP win 10 computer on yahoo.ca I open the email and save the pic to my hp on pictures folder but it saves a jfif not jpeg, even when it says its saving as jpeg.. tried the registry edit but the path...
  4. .jfif, .oga, .ogv extensions on Windows 10

.jfif, .oga, .ogv extensions on Windows 10: I've just hit the same as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-vs-jfif-extension/f66875d7-4780-4d55-b8da-9387de4139d4, and checked HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type against the same path under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE....
  5. I need help choosing a default application for specific filetypes

I need help choosing a default application for specific filetypes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dkaarvand [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le5d7g/i_need_help_choosing_a_default_application_for/
  6. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif': I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I have no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\ directory in registry. Please help. I use a bit of old software and worried it not accepting...
  7. Settings: 'Choose a default app by filetype'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings: 'Choose a default app by filetype': I am trying to set a default app for an extension but the default apps list won't show the app even though it is operational, listed under 'Apps and features' and valid. How can I select this app?...
  8. How to stop downloading in webp and jfif

How to stop downloading in webp and jfif: Heya! I recently started doing digital art and sometimes I want to be able to download an image as a reference layer but windows keeps downloading almost everything in either webp and jfif. PLEASE HELP submitted by /u/PuppyScrubber17 [link] [comments]...
  9. Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?

Why do images off google save in a .jfif format? How to i change it back to .JPG?: I really dont know what i did but one day i went to save an image off google and it google only saves in .jfif now. Same thing happens on edge. submitted by /u/70147 [link] [comments]...
  10. .jpg vs .jfif extension

.jpg vs .jfif extension: In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg? As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do...