Windows 10: Jigsaw crashing when trying to play

Discus and support Jigsaw crashing when trying to play in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; New Acer, windows up to date, did the reset, reinstall, trouble shooter. Loads and interface runs fine until attempting to play. In every mode, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sumrnot, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Sumrnot Win User

Jigsaw crashing when trying to play

New Acer, windows up to date, did the reset, reinstall, trouble shooter. Loads and interface runs fine until attempting to play. In every mode, I get the loading screen then a black screen with the wait then the cursor switches to a wait cursor for a second and the window closes. No issues on the other computers with the same profiles.

Event Viewer gives:

Faulting application name: Jigsaw.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c04e360
    Faulting module name: igd10iumd32.dll, version: 23.20.16.4973, time stamp: 0x5a96aecd
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00778616
    Faulting process id: 0x111c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4eac31e8f110e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_1.****9b2f-a1a7-4134-959e-2b0210ced958
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_1.8.1812.301_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

:)

Sumrnot, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw crashes on opening

Hi Eric,

If you play the app and your Microsoft account is online, all data will be saved but if you played it offline, all data will be lost once you uninstall/reinstall the app. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you repair it on
    Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Go to search and type Control Panel.
    • In search results, select Programs.
    • Select Program and Features.
    • Choose the selected app (Microsoft Jigsaw).
    • Right-click and hit repair.
    Please update us on how the troubleshooting went.

Dyan Rey, Apr 4, 2019
  3. LarryGZE Win User
    Microsoft Jigsaw crash

I can play the game (MS Jigsaw) for approximately 5 minutes before it will close out.

I've also noticed that I can not download any of the puzzles I have already without it crashing completely.

Any ideas or suggestions?

LarryGZE, Apr 4, 2019
  4. JoneLewis Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw

My hard drive (C) crashed, I replaced it and reinstalled Windows.

One thing that will NOT work since is Microsoft Jigsaw. I get the infamous "signing you in" runaround that so many others have reported.

I've gone through the suggested process (reset, (no repair option listed), use the troubleshooter, uninstall, reinstall.

I can sign into Xbox Live fine. Jigsaw just won't recognize that I'm signed in.

Getting very frustrated. Playing Jigsaw is a way to relieve stress. This is increasing my stress!

JoneLewis, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Jigsaw crashing when trying to play - Similar Threads - Jigsaw crashing trying

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes: Why does my Microsoft Jigsaw keep freezing and then crashes? It's very annoying! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw-crashes/3ab13d31-27c6-4258-b4d3-1fa2b5203838
  3. Random crashes when trying to restart

Random crashes when trying to restart: I have been getting random crashes every once and a while on my new pc. I know when it's about to happen because when i try to launch a game through steam it will fail to boot the game (steam as well) and when this happens I try to restart to fix it and the pc will inevitably...
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashing: Every time I open Microsoft jigsaw and try to play it will start to load but then crashes and exits out before completing the loading, so I can't play. I have restarted the app and uninstalled and re-installed it, as well as checked for updates in the Microsoft store but...
  5. error when trying to play game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error when trying to play game: when I try tp play solitaire collection free i get on error message the says its not available in my accout and error code 0x803F8001. Why all of a sudden I cant play it?...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashing: I am having a problem with Jigsaw crashing when I try to launch a game, I have reset the app, reinstalled it, updated windows and reset a reinstalled again. The app gives the jigsaw animation, then a black screen, as if it is trying to load an ad or similar, I am connected to...
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles - Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles - Crashes: Does anyone have a fix? I have been doing the puzzle game for about a year or a year and a half, once in a while wit would freeze and automatically close. As simple restart would bring me back to where I was. Now the system opens to try to show an advertisement and it...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes: I have been dealing with the issue that the game crashes when it is loading. Have worked with the Microsoft Community and followed all the different recommendations and unfortunately it hasn't worked. The issue is that the game crashes when it is connect to the internet....
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes: Microsoft Jigsaw crashes as the program is trying to load the video advertisements. I ran the windows store troubleshooter, it identifies hanging or crashing programs are not fixed. In the details it gives NET HELPMSG 2182. I've tried everything I can find on all of the...
  10. Crashes when I play

Crashes when I play: Hello! I'm getting more and more BSOD. I'm mostly playing DOTA 2 and after the new patch the trouble started... I'm not sure if DOTA is the cause or the recent Windows update. In event viewer it says Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.1.10603.192)...