Windows 10: JNLP default won't change.

Discus and support JNLP default won't change. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was attempting to open a JNLP file with Java (per usual) when Windows 10 told me I did not have a default application and I could choose one if I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Detective Dudebro, Nov 15, 2018.

1. JNLP default won't change.

I was attempting to open a JNLP file with Java (per usual) when Windows 10 told me I did not have a default application and I could choose one if I'd like, which I would so I don't have to browse every time.

When I selected Java as my default application it failed to launch the file. I then tried JavaWS and JavaW because I thought maybe I misclicked or missed a prompt of some kind and wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. When I went back, Internet explorer was set as my default application and no matter what other option I try to choose it will not change. Is there any way to force this to change? CLI or the like?

TL;DR

JNLP default is stuck on Internet Explorer. How can I force it not to be?

:)

Detective Dudebro, Nov 15, 2018

2. jnlp files openin problem

jnlp files are not assosiated with java tm launcher which is not listed in default apps, instead there is only MS explorer and no choice

Please help to resolve the issue

N.Teplukhin, Nov 15, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

JNLP default won't change. [​IMG]

zbook, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

JNLP default won't change.

How do I associate .jnlp file with non Microsoft programs?

Hi Blueforus,

A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. To associate a .JNLP file with a non Microsoft program, you can follow the steps below:

• Hold the Shift key and press right-click on a .JNLP file.
    • Select Open with > Choose
      another app.
    • Select More Apps > Look for another app on this PC.
    • Then browse the program that you would like to use and select it.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

JNLP default won't change.

1. JNLP default won't change. - Similar Threads - JNLP default won't

2. Jnlp file cannot be opened from edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jnlp file cannot be opened from edge browser: Hi, Recently I have observed one weird issue with JNLP file that it cannot be opened with edge browser whereas other browser can able to open it in the same system. however when I download the jnlp file from browser and run it opens fine. Complete scenario is I have...
  3. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  4. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  5. jnlp

jnlp: can not open file with jnlp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jnlp/60afc732-42cd-4e1c-97fc-43f7d5fdbbd1"
  6. SWF default file association won't change to flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe

SWF default file association won't change to flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe: I downloaded flashplayer_31_sa_debug.exe from Adobe for debugging purposes (running HaxeFlixel) but I can't change the default file association. This has happened on two Windows machines. At this point I think it's Windows refusing to recognise Flash, probably for possible...
  7. Title bar accent color won't change to default.

Title bar accent color won't change to default.: I've had this issue before, it never got resolved. I've tried stuff like: Navigate in regedit to DWM and set Color Prevalence to 0 (REG_DWORD), and Turn accent title colors off in settings, even did a system scan, updated my PC, checked for malware... None of that worked. I...
  8. Accent color won't change from default blue.

Accent color won't change from default blue.: Hey, I just noticed that when I try to change the default blue accent color , nothing happens. The new color gets selected in the palette, and I noticed it changes the shadow color of windows, but everything else stays blue. When I go somewhere else in Personalisation and...
  9. Changing default app won't stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app won't stick: Hi all I am trying to give Windows Photo Viewer all its (file extension) defaults I have tried two ways to set Windows Photo Viewer as default: Control Panel / Default Programs / Set your default programs / Windows Photo Viewer Whatever I do, windows does not let me...
  10. Default Program won't change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Program won't change?: I am trying to set my default programs in windows 10 but it is having none of it. It just sticks on the grey square with "Choose a default". If I reset it goes back to edge, I then try and click Chrome and it is still edge. If I refresh the page it is back to the "Choose a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 .jnlp default

2. .jnlp is not listed in default applications

3. change default app for .jnlp

4. jnlp default program windows 10,
  5. how can i change jnlp default app,
  6. cant change jnlp from adobe to open,
  7. alter default program for jnlp files,
  8. w10 jnlp file defaulted adobe change to java,
  9. set jnlp to default to java,
  10. change default .jnlp file,
  11. change jnlp default apps,