Windows 10: Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions

Discus and support Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We use Win10S as an option for schools or businesses that want the 'low-hassle'/ guaranteed performance version. Next year 10S will be a "mode" of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Brink, Mar 6, 2018

2. Hi,
    Isn't there already a setting to only install apps from the store which is one of S modes main features *Smile
    Since all preinstalled apps in a default 10 pro or home version all come from the store I don't see a lot of special differences in the S version or mode :/

:)

ThrashZone, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Albert D. Kallal, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions

Alan_Stone, Mar 6, 2018
  5. His Tweet says Next year so I guess he means 2019.

Josey Wales, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. Hi,
    The setting to side load apps or install them from anywhere can be disabled today and as far back as I can remember *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions

1. Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions - Similar Threads - Joe Belfiore confirms

2. windows 11 version 22h2 in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 version 22h2 in S mode: Hi, I bought new HP Pavilion laptop with windows 11 in S mode. I keep getting this notification -Windows 11, version 22H2 is available to download. My question is - if I download and install this 22H2, will that throw me out of 11 in S mode? cause I think if once we come out,...
  3. windows 11 version 22h2 in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 version 22h2 in S mode: Hi, I bought new HP Pavilion laptop with windows 11 in S mode. I keep getting this notification -Windows 11, version 22H2 is available to download. My question is - if I download and install this 22H2, will that throw me out of 11 in S mode? cause I think if once we come out,...
  4. Windows 10 S-mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 S-mode: I went through the whole H&R Block download and Windows 10 says I have to get the windows store version. I already paid for H&R Block software. Any thoughts? Thanks, Phil...
  5. Windows 10 S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S Mode: I can't find a way to get my laptop out of s mode. When I go through the Microsoft support instructions I've found online they don't work. There is no 'Go to store' option at instruction 2, and no 'Switch out of S mode' in the Microsoft store at instruction 3. - Those...
  6. Windows 10 home version 1903 in S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 home version 1903 in S mode: Dear Microsoft Community, First problem(1st!)! -Have new PC(installed 15/10/2019!) & Manufacturer has set PC to Windows 10 home, version 1903 in S MODE -This morning I had the question if I would update Windows(PC)! I did agree with the update of Windows. -Now from this...
  7. Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 S mode: If i decide i'm going to reset my surface will it reinstall Windows 10 in S mode like it came originally or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode/ed78e756-e510-4c2e-b8b5-a73fc54beb2f
  8. Microsoft confirms users unable to switch out of Windows 10 in S Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms users unable to switch out of Windows 10 in S Mode: Some flagship devices like Samsung Galaxy Book2 and Microsoft Surface Go come pre-installed with Windows 10 in S mode (formerly known as Windows 10 S). Windows 10 in S Mode locks installation of apps only from the Microsoft Store and users cannot download or install .exe...
  9. Windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in s mode: can you play java games with this.Like pogo.com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/f6f8222b-2f72-48d5-aab2-72ca846934a3
  10. Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need

in Windows 10 News
    Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need: Belfiore: internal testing proves this is the right choice If you’re an early Windows 10 adopter, you surely know that since July 29, Microsoft has released several cumulative updates for the new operating system, as part of a new approach that’s supposed to always keep...