Windows 10: Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need

Discus and support Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Belfiore: internal testing proves this is the right choice If you’re an early Windows 10 adopter, you surely know that since July 29, Microsoft has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need

Read more: Microsoft's Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We Need - Softpedia

:)

Cluster Head, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Alan_Stone, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Matty044 Win User
    HTC X8 w/Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview not downloading GDR1?

According to Joe Belfiore, it will be a few weeks before we get the update...

Matty044, Oct 21, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need

I wonder, will the media creation tool be updated as well, in other words will you be able to create instillation media that has all the latest updates on ?

zooburner, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Geneo Win User
    In principle, after you install the from the media creation tool, you should only get one update, not an endless series. I think that may be what they think is better.

But how big are cumulative updates going to get? Eventually you would think they would be the size of the whole operating system.

Geneo, Oct 21, 2015
  6. I haven't noticed any improvements or anything different after any of these cumulative updates. Although I haven't really had any problems, other than my sound going out now and then. The fix is to restart the Windows Audio service and to sign out of my Microsoft account and sign back in.

BrownianMotion, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    He has taken a year off to sea travel. I think he needed a break after windows 10. Maybe Gabe Aul will row the boat..LOL

8. Leopard Win User

The November CU is the entire OS. You have ESP. Just wait until one of these behemoths crashes. Consider what happens when you are 3-4 years into W10. Then consider how all the new features and components are now integrated into the OS. Maybe you will not be able to 'fix' it by uninstalling the CU because not all system changes can be rolled back that easily. After W7/8 extended support ends, 4.5 yrs from now it will be W10 or leave it. These cumulative updates are going to be so complex and so enormous, one update could be in the gigabit range. All those minimum entry level W10 PCs are going to be vibrating, bellowing smoke and even shooting flames. Of course I am joking - you believe that, right?

Leopard, Oct 21, 2015
  9. zooburner Win User
    I suspect what they will do is release cumulative updates alongside service packs (or thresholds as they seem to be calling it)

so you will install

1) Windows 10 (maybe with the latest SP/Threshold installed via media creation tool)
    2) Service pack X (unless its already in with the original media)
    3) Latest cumulative update(s)

zooburner, Oct 21, 2015
  10. JohnC Win User
    It seems like they are moving closer to an Apple update model where everybody is updated about 5 times a year ( one major and four minor updates) with some tiny updates to fix what they broke. I like update Tuesday and I hope that MS will at least keep that going. Its predictable, Apple's system really isn't.

JohnC, Oct 21, 2015
  11. Eventually the build number for the consumer release will change, new ISO's will be released then for sure. The Windows 8.1 MCT download was updated to 8.1 with update(1). I would expect the Windows 10 MCT to follow suit. MSDN lists ISO's for Windows 8.1 and 8.1 with update. I would think the same thing will happen to Windows 10 ISO's.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Joe Belfiore Says Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Are Just What We need - Similar Threads - Joe Belfiore Says

2. I was completely banned from making comment's just for saying the "jig is up joe!.."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was completely banned from making comment's just for saying the "jig is up joe!..": Is there a way I can comment again without changing my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-completely-banned-from-making-comments-just/fd592138-a266-4c33-81a4-c020b43fdb6c
  3. I was completely banned from making comment's just for saying the "jig is up joe!.."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was completely banned from making comment's just for saying the "jig is up joe!..": Is there a way I can comment again without changing my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-completely-banned-from-making-comments-just/fd592138-a266-4c33-81a4-c020b43fdb6c
  4. Bugcheck, Need to know what it says.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheck, Need to know what it says.: I had a crash in my system again I am wondering what the dumpfiles says this time. If anyone could tell me I would appreciate it.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqGFcuui7kgWuU-zkD0-rlUnPSbx?e=OOzPPP...
  5. What is a cumulative update preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is a cumulative update preview: I am a home user of Windows 10. Can someone tell me what is a cumulative update preview? And why is it being offered to me on Windows Update. I normally install all Windows updates that I am offered, but this one KB4586853 seems suspicious. Why is it called a "preview"? If it...
  6. " JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates)

" JUST SAY NO! " (to windows 10 updates): " Not Compatible " Windows/MSN support staff favorite go to phrase ,when their updates (OCT2018) CAUSES havoc to your pc system. I say " If the update is not compatible on my pc , it should fail instantly and not be installed to damage your system. Since October 2018...
  7. why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just...

why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just...: why does windows 10 not update, keeps saying I need to update, but clicking on update, just does nothing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/why-does-windows-10-not-update-keeps-saying-i-need/a78381d9-1d8f-492f-8865-d1346716a07e
  8. Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?'

Windows 10 update just says ' working on it ?': Hi can someone please give me some advice,I've tried updating from windows 7 to 10 but when I click update it simply says 'working on it ',been like this for 12 hours!can someone advice please. 13252
  9. These are the messages hidden in Belfiore's Windows binary shirt

in Windows 10 News
    These are the messages hidden in Belfiore's Windows binary shirt: [img] Last week at Build, many people noticed Joe Belfiore's shirt emblazoned with a Windows logo. It was not a daring fashion statement but the curiosity behind the binary that piqued interest. That is because the Windows logo was made up of many 1s and 0s. Could...
  10. Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 News
    Joe Belfiore confirms S mode for existing Windows 10 versions: We use Win10S as an option for schools or businesses that want the 'low-hassle'/ guaranteed performance version. Next year 10S will be a "mode" of existing versions, not a distinct version. SO … I think it's totally fine/good that it's not mentioned. Tweet — Twitter API...