Windows 10: "Join a domain" option missing?

Discus and support "Join a domain" option missing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are moving from a Win7 fleet to Win10 (pro). We have encountered an issue where we are unable to connect to our domain with the new PCs. From what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warren CECE, Nov 21, 2018.

1. "Join a domain" option missing?

We are moving from a Win7 fleet to Win10 (pro). We have encountered an issue where we are unable to connect to our domain with the new PCs. From what I understand, under Settings>system>about there should be a "join a domain" option. This option does not exist for us, and attempts to connect to the domain through System Properties like we used to in Win7 just return an error message that our DC could not be found.

Just to note, we do have a few Surfaces running on Win10 pro that we had no issue connecting to the domain a few years back.

Below is a comparison of the "Join a domain" option that we apparently should have (left), and what we actually have (right).

"Join a domain" option missing? [​IMG]

Thanks!

:)

Warren CECE, Nov 21, 2018
  2. rtcary Win User

Cannot get the Join Domain option

I am an administrator and I did expose the hidden Administrator. When I go to Settings | About, I do not get the Join Domain option.

Am I missing a step?

Many thanks for any help...

Todd

rtcary, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Join domain option missing

Thanks zigzag. I saw this option but this is not joining a domain? just gives some access to resources. The option join or leave an organisation is not there either.

Ratbagdavid, Nov 21, 2018
  4. "Join a domain" option missing?

Join domain option missing

Thats the problem. the join domain option is not there. Not greyed out, simply not there

Ratbagdavid, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

"Join a domain" option missing?

1. "Join a domain" option missing? - Similar Threads - Join domain option

2. PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace: Hi All, All PC's in my organization are connected to a Domain. Last week, one of my user was prompted with the following screen " Windows saves your account and makes it easier to sign up for apps and websites. So you do not have to enter your password every time you...
  3. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  4. Missing domain for Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...
  5. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  6. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...
  7. cannot join domain on server 2003

cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...
  8. Cannot get the Join Domain option

Cannot get the Join Domain option: I am an administrator and I did expose the hidden Administrator. When I go to Settings | About, I do not get the Join Domain option. Am I missing a step? Many thanks for any help... Todd 104658
  9. Authentication to domain without joining

Authentication to domain without joining: as my subjects states I am looking to see if it is possible to Authenticate to a domain without joining. I am looking to be able to use my surface pro 4 device at some of our clients without having to join my device to any domain. even at my shop. where I could use one of...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: Nice one Shawn, covering all options *Smile 90045

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join a domain option missing

2. join domain missing

3. join by phone option missing

4. domain join options is hide how to join domain?,
  5. option to join domain not showing,
  6. join a domain missing,
  7. 2010 windows join domain missing,
  8. windows10 missing domain join option,
  9. join to domain option missing,
  10. windows 10 join a domain option not showing up,
  11. join domain option missing