Windows 10: Join a machine to domain with an existing computer name without notification?

Discus and support Join a machine to domain with an existing computer name without notification? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As far as i remember from my last job, when you are trying to join a machine to a domain with an existing computer name, you should receive a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nanli3, Feb 28, 2019.

1. nanli3 Win User

Join a machine to domain with an existing computer name without notification?

As far as i remember from my last job, when you are trying to join a machine to a domain with an existing computer name, you should receive a notification and are not allowed to do that.

In this new company, it seems, when you join a machine to a domain with an existing computer name, you are allowed to do that, And that will destroy the relationship of the other machine and domain.

May i know is there a setting i can change to enable the notification when people trying to join a machine to a domain with an existing computer name?

Thanks!

:)

nanli3, Feb 28, 2019

2. How to reserve Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC (but perhaps fomerly domain joined)

My reservation icon for Windows 10 has not appeared. After ensuring i have all outstanding Windows updates, and run the script that runs scheduled tasks, the icon still doesn't appear.

Then there was the hint from
    KB3081048
    :

> The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1

>

> If your device is has been connected to a domain it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation.

It is entirely possible that for 2 or 3 minutes two or three years ago, my machine
    was joined to a domain.

• What registry key is the upgrade advisor mistakenly using to determine if a machine is joined to a domain?
    • How do i check if a machine was previously joined to a domain?
    • How do i unjoin a non-domain joined machine from a domain?
    • How do reserve a copy of Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC?
    Bonus Chatter: It's a Surface Pro 3

I tried using the
    Media Creation Tool
    , but it fails with a non-descript error:

Join a machine to domain with an existing computer name without notification? 549f72f5-5525-4ed5-a711-ffddd0f6a157.png

How do i upgrade to Windows 10 now that it is released?

JackTripper, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Ethan.ASI Win User

Joining a Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD without linking/registering an employees email address to that computer

I have been researching for a few weeks now trying to figure out how to join Azure AD for new purchased machines when setting up the machine.

I have two different scenarios that would be joining azure AD.

1. Shipping a machine that has not been setup yet directly to an employee's location. I have to walk through step by step on how to configure settings, join the azure domain, and how to download a program or two. Is their a Microsoft process that I can put
    information into that knows that computer needs to join our azure domain? I do not wish to sign in with my credentials to join the azure domain each time we order a new computer.

2. If my company has a windows 10 Home edition machine that we would want to add to our Azure AD, We purchase a windows 10 pro license and activate it under the settings. our next step is going into the settings to join an azure AD domain through a Microsoft
    account, however I do not wish to register my account on every computer in our environment. Is their a way to have this computer join azure AD with some sort of a token or activation process? The second issue to this scenario is after joining the azure AD
    with my credentials the local admin account is still active and I need to then go through the process of logging in and removing this account.

What would be the best process of joining my environments machines to our Azure AD network without having to register my account with each computer?

Ethan.ASI, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Join a machine to domain with an existing computer name without notification? - Similar Threads - Join machine domain

2. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  3. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  4. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  5. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine

Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine: I'm trying to use PowerShell to set group policy on a number of non domain joined PCs running Windows 10 Professional.I have installed RSAT: Group Policy Management Tools but when using the get-GPO cmdlet the following error occurs:get-GPO : Current security context is not...
  7. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Renaming domain-joined machines so DNS = NetBIOS name...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming domain-joined machines so DNS = NetBIOS name...: We have three computers that are joined to the domain that need to be renamed due to the fact that the DNS name doesn't match the NetBIOS name (the DNS name is too long and needs a few characters shaved off of it so it can fit in the NetBIOS 15-character limit imposed by...
  9. wrong time on domain joined computer

wrong time on domain joined computer: Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available. [ATTACH] I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and...
  10. Authentication to domain without joining

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Authentication to domain without joining: as my subjects states I am looking to see if it is possible to Authenticate to a domain without joining. I am looking to be able to use my surface pro 4 device at some of our clients without having to join my device to any domain. even at my shop. where I could use one of...