Windows 10: Join/Leave Network

Discus and support Join/Leave Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1809 installed on 4 computers. I needed to rejoin network on one of them - so went to network and sharing - only to find that the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skofab, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Skofab Win User

Join/Leave Network

I have 1809 installed on 4 computers.
    I needed to rejoin network on one of them - so went to network and sharing - only to find that the previous option to join a network or leave a network (together with password details had disappeared). Checked the other three, and they to had no options shown.
    Have I missed something obvious here? OR have I gone to the wrong source to find these options?
    Your comments appreciated.

:)

Skofab, Oct 6, 2018

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Joining a homegroup

Hi,

Homegroup networks are created mainly for sharing files and devices with other computers. We'd like to learn more about you concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to join the homegroup?
    • Who created the homegroup?
    • Do you have the homegroup password?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Oct 6, 2018
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Join/Leave Network

Joining a Win 7 network from a Win 10 laptop

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask:

• How exactly are you trying to connect to network?

• Are you connected to any domain?
    There could be a number of reasons why you can’t connect to other PC’s on your home network.

In Windows 7, you can join a homegroup, but you can’t create one.

I would suggest to refer the link on join a homegroup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Join-a-homegroup

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Also, refer the article why can’t I connect to other PC’s from the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/cant-connect-other-pcs

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persist, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Join/Leave Network

1. Join/Leave Network - Similar Threads - Join Leave Network

2. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network: Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other...
  3. My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ?: My wireless network connection is not joining except of USB tethering.How to join ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-network-connection-is-not-joining/a827732d-df84-484d-bcf8-549f32b08514
  4. Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain

Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain: I have a new PC and am trying to join it to our domain. It displays under network and sharing that it is in the domain, but when I go to system properties and computer name then join the computer or change its name it is listed in a workgroup. If I try to change the workgroup...
  5. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 (OS Build 16299. 125) 158197
  6. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 OS Build 16299. 125...
  7. Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Join or Leave AZURE AD missing in Windows 10 Pro: I updated few PC's from windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, when i try to add the PC's in Azure AD the option to add the PC in Azure AD is missing. Version 1709 (OS Build 16299. 125) 158197
  8. I want to leave one family group and join another.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I want to leave one family group and join another.: I'm the only adult member of one family group with an Office 2013 subscription. I want to join another group with the rest of my family who have an Office 365 subscription. When I try to leave my current family group, I get the message "Please try again later. We can't do...
  9. joining a private network

joining a private network: I am running Windows 10. We have a private network that worked fine until Nov 2nd. I started not getting email to download to Outlook. I called my ISP to find out what the problem was. It turns out that I am not on the private network therefore the emails cannot get to...
  10. Home network, leave one PC on 24/7 to leave network share available?

Home network, leave one PC on 24/7 to leave network share available?: Hello. New user, first post! Imagine I have a typical home network - modem, router, a desktop PC and a couple of laptops. The desktop is Win10, the laptops are Win8. The PC has some files on its hard drive that the two laptops want to access semi-regularly. Is this not...