Windows 10: Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Discus and support Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vulpi42, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Vulpi42 Win User

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still "joined" and the computers can see the other user, but when a user is clicked on it says "cannot access ComputerName".

I have deleted and set up Homegroups multiple times with the same errors occurring each time.

:)

Vulpi42, Sep 22, 2015
  2. LJS45 Win User

Windows 10 will not allow homegroup access

We just installed Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7 on my computer and Windows 8.1 on my husband's. Windows says there is a homegroup (named on my computer, and presumably left over from Windows 7). But when we try to join homegroup, error message says,
    "Windows can't set up a homegroup on this computer." Or, cannot join homegroup. We cannot access other computers on the network, either. We have internet. I can see the other computer. But we cannot access homegroup or network.

LJS45, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    unable to create a new homegroup on Windows 10

You will have to get every other computer to leave the HomeGroup.

Then create a new HomeGroup & have all the other computers join it.

Run the HomeGroup troubleshooter on each computer if any of them cannot join.

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 22, 2015
  4. JOS
    jos Win User

Are you running W10-home or W10-pro?
    I found that my W10-home is more easy and automatic offering shared folderws in my home-networking than W10-pro that up to now does not see one of the other computers.

Thema:

1. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers - Similar Threads - Joined Homegroup cannot

2. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  3. Joining a HomeGroup

Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  4. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  5. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer: Hi, When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network." There are no other computers on the network and I do not have a password to join I have tried to delete:...
  6. Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.

Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.: [img] I have 3 computers running Windows 10. Two were upgraded from Windows 7, and one from Windows 8. May not have had the Homegroup working properly before, and I think I had created one some time ago. I don't know what the password was. But, now that all of the machines...
  7. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  8. Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup"

Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup": I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network I've tried enable ipv6 I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are "running" in the services section of the network and sharing center I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup settings were correct. I've...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup! p2p.svc,PNRP.svc,PeerNetworkingGroup OFF!!!

Cannot join HomeGroup! p2p.svc,PNRP.svc,PeerNetworkingGroup OFF!!!: since I upgraded to the 10162 Build I cannot connect to my Home Group like before. The p2p.svc,PNRP svc and the Peer Networking Grouping svc is off!! as a matter of fact there is no " idstore.sst " in the folder that it normally is in. C:\Windows\Service...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...