Windows 10: Joined multicast groups limit

Discus and support Joined multicast groups limit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is maximum amount of joined multicast groups by application in windows? (2012R2/2016) For example in Linux, the default one is 20, but it can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VeryLongNotTakenName, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Joined multicast groups limit

What is maximum amount of joined multicast groups by application in windows? (2012R2/2016) For example in Linux, the default one is 20, but it can be increased. I have not found any documentation mentioning it, also anything in registers.

:)

VeryLongNotTakenName, Nov 7, 2018
  2. mike39sm Win User

MDT Multicast

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MDT multicast and was hoping someone can answer my question, I set my MDT server up for multicast and it goes all the way to 99% and I watch it in the WDS console under my deployment share, I can see three clients and when they reach 99% and
    I hit refresh the clients disappear which i think means it reached 100% but then on the client side its rolls back to installing operating system and starts the percent count again. Is multicast on MDT work different, does it first download the image to one
    computer and once downloaded it distributes that one image to all others . I found an article below that explains how it should work but I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly.

Here is the overall process:

• ClientA starts a multicast session to download Win7SP1x86.wim from the MDT/WDS Server.
    • When the broadcast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches 25%, ClientB joins the session in progress. ClientB knows that it missed the first ¼ of the Win7SP1x86.wim file, so it starts writing 25% into its local copy of Win7SP1x86.wim.
    • When the multicast session reaches 100% of Win7SP1x86.wim, ClientA is done and drops off. However, ClientB is still missing the first ¼ of the file, and stays on the multicast chanel as it restarts (rolls back) to zero.
    • Eventually the multicast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches the 25% mark where ClientB first joined. ClientB now has 100% of the file and drops off. No clients are connected, and the server stops broadcasting.

mike39sm, Nov 7, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    MDT Multicast

Hello Mike,

It seems your question is about deploying a multicast server using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, we suggest that you post your query here in

TechNet
    . Rest assured that you will be guided accordingly in deploying a multicast server.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 7, 2018
  4. swartzl Win User

Joined multicast groups limit

trying to join a home group.

trying to join home group....Computer says "HomeGroup cannot be created on this computer." No explanation, no error codes.

Suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

swartzl, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Joined multicast groups limit

1. Joined multicast groups limit - Similar Threads - Joined multicast groups

2. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always on VPN Multicast: Hi,We have a software which is installed on staff members computers that connects to a gateway server onsite we would like to use this over VPN for when staff members access it at home, but it doesn't seem to be working over VPN, but works fine on site. The software uses...
  3. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always on VPN Multicast: Hi,We have a software which is installed on staff members computers that connects to a gateway server onsite we would like to use this over VPN for when staff members access it at home, but it doesn't seem to be working over VPN, but works fine on site. The software uses...
  4. Unable to add and join Family Group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add and join Family Group.: Unable to add and join Family Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-and-join-family-group/a9ac5067-9b41-41a6-af39-0236990502a8
  5. Unable to add and join Family Group.

Unable to add and join Family Group.: Unable to add and join Family Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-and-join-family-group/a9ac5067-9b41-41a6-af39-0236990502a8
  6. Unable to add and join Family Group.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Windows Server 2019 Cannot Join A Multicast Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 Cannot Join A Multicast Groups: Hi, We currently utilize a recording software that is operating on a Windows Server 2019 within an S2D system, specifically hosted on Hyper-V infrastructure. We've recently identified an unusual occurrence where the Windows Server is unable to join the unused multicast group....
  8. Windows Server 2019 Cannot Join A Multicast Groups

Windows Server 2019 Cannot Join A Multicast Groups: Hi, We currently utilize a recording software that is operating on a Windows Server 2019 within an S2D system, specifically hosted on Hyper-V infrastructure. We've recently identified an unusual occurrence where the Windows Server is unable to join the unused multicast group....
  9. Are there groups to join on skype?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there groups to join on skype?: Call Hurst and wife change please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-groups-to-join-on-skype/cbeff7e4-f813-4957-9c4c-21dc09cf8f7a
  10. Are there groups to join on skype?

Are there groups to join on skype?: Call Hurst and wife change please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-groups-to-join-on-skype/cbeff7e4-f813-4957-9c4c-21dc09cf8f7a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stops receiving multicast